• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bundesluftwaffe jacket with leather collar

dinomartino1

1992 Truppenversuch pilot's jacket.
Not many where issued as these where trials items and the Luftwaffe decided to go with cloth jackets.

zN0zULP.jpg
qNBNYcZ.jpg
NfebEjw.jpg
CJJIpsy.jpg

7pHkJHf.jpg

Pilot

Agree, was never adopted like this... The issued ones in leather have no handwarmers...never...
Plus they have knitted collar waist and cuffs....the one shown looks like a Frankensteiner or a pure makeup...
Nowaday, no more leather but green nomex/aramid ...verly alike the CWU-36/46-P’s

dinomartino1

Agree, was never adopted like this... The issued ones in leather have no handwarmers...never...
Plus they have knitted collar waist and cuffs....the one shown looks like a Frankensteiner or a pure makeup...
Nowaday, no more leather but green nomex/aramid ...verly alike the CWU-36/46-P’s

I think it would have got the gray zips if it was adopted for use.
I never liked the German jackets, German surplus was very common in the markets in London.
What I did like though where the navy fur lined jack boots with the zipper the looked like ww2 flying boots, I used them when riding my bike, the best boots I have ever owned.
They where the ones with a leather sole with a rubber sole stuck on to the leather, I think later versions had an all rubber sole?

CombatWombat

I think it would have got the gray zips if it was adopted for use.
I never liked the German jackets, German surplus was very common in the markets in London.
What I did like though where the navy fur lined jack boots with the zipper the looked like ww2 flying boots, I used them when riding my bike, the best boots I have ever owned.
They where the ones with a leather sole with a rubber sole stuck on to the leather, I think later versions had an all rubber sole?
Sorry for the late reply.....but I agree with you on the "seebotte" the fur lined ones with the inside leg zipper are the absolute best for winter motorcycle riding here in the blue mountains..... though mine are probably the generation before yours (leather soles that I had hard rubber half soles with "blakeies and horseshoes put on) rather than the rubber soles.....I think as time went one German boots got more "disposable" unfortunately

Fish70

I was going to post that I traded one of these jackets a few years back and then realized that I took all those photos. Still wearing the one I traded for.