• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bullion Patches

I think there might have been some information on this on the old forum, but sadly its lost now. Were bullion patches actually used very often on A-2's? If so, where were they more commonly or less commonly to never used? Anyone know offhand?

Thanks,

Rick

CBI

Sometimes but not often. Mostly shoulder AAF and numbered AF shoulder patches.

A

Anonymous

Hi I had two original jackets with 8th airforce bullion shoulder patches ,the felt was very dark blue .Rgds Jeff .

TankBuster

Rick,
As the other guys have said, it was done, but very rarely. I've seen
many jackets, but have yet to run into one with actualy bullion shoulder
patches. Bullion squadron patches were used every now and then.
Most patch work on jackets tends to be embroidered or leather.

I guess I should have been a bit more specific. Yeah, I was talking about shoulder patches. Contrailchaser had a gorgeous one for sale that came off a B-10 (pic below) and I started thinking that it would look really nice on a jacket. It sold for for than I would pay for a patch and I wouldn't put an original on a jacket anyway. But there are tarnished repros available. I like how they have an aged look without being roughed up to get it. I'm still considering it, but I want an "average" jacket, so I'm less interested than before your comments. If I do it maybe I should stick to an 8th patch or non-numbered though.

Thanks for the information.

IMG_5152.jpg