• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bull Run Buffalo Hide

Skyhawk

Introducing our new hide, the Bull Run Buffalo hide. The color is Seal Brown with lighter brown undertones which create a very nice overall patina and provides a nice antique look . This hide has great grain variations from heavily grained areas to fairly smooth areas. It is a high quality chrome tanned Buffalo hide that is one of our thicker hides at 1.6mm. Although this is a heavyweight hide, it is very supple and a pleasure to wear. This is our first jacket made out of this hide and it is quickly becoming one of my favorite hides that we offer.
Bull-Front-1.jpg

Bull-Back-1.jpg

Bull-Cuff-2.jpg

Bull-Cuff-1.jpg

Bull-Pockets-1.jpg

Bull-Horn-1.jpg

Bull-Casein-1.jpg

Bull-Finish-1.jpg

Bull-Grain-1.jpg

All The Best,
Jay

Skyhawk

Nice. Any pics of what this leather looks like after some wear?

Thanks! This is the first jacket we have made out of this hide. We will have to wait a bit until I wear the hell out of it and see how it looks. I am expecting great things out of this hide though. I wasn't planning on keeping this jacket but when I got it in my hands, I loved it! I knew I liked the hide but you can never be sure exactly how it is going to wear and feel until you make a jacket out of it. The hide turned out fantastic in jacket form. So I think I will be keeping this one. Fit pics coming soon....

Skyhawk

Nice. Any pics of what this leather looks like after some wear?

Ok Check it out.

I have worn this jacket probably about a dozen times. One of those times was a soaker in the rain. This hide does not repel water well and it pretty much just soaks in quickly. That is great for obtaining patina quickly, and you can always apply conditioner for water repellency if needed.

This hide has the quickest to break in that I have ever seen. The sleeve creases start to form immediately and the rub points give way to a nice reddish tan color that lies underneath. The hide also softens quickly and becomes very comfortable wear in no time. Fit pics to follow.
Bull-Break-Front.jpg

Bull-Break-L.jpg

Bull-Break-R.jpg

Bull-Break-Rub.jpg

jeremiah

That is really sweet looking leather. Thanks for the pics.

I love when leather is good and quality which only really becomes apparent with how it wears in.

Skyhawk

Needs a comma in there: Bull Run, Buffalo Hide.

Not sure I agree.

The Bull Run that this jacket gets it's name from is a River and region that is well known here in the Pacific Northwest. It is rugged back country with steep ridges and deep valleys. A suitable name for a rugged, antique looking hide.

Back in the 1880's, this river was tapped as a water source for the Portland metro area. The system was ingenious employing a gravity feed process that shot the water supply down out of the mountains with sufficient force to feed water reservoirs many miles away,on top of another mountain range, above the city to the west. The water actually traveled uphill to feed the reservoirs without the need for pumps.