• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

BRUBAKER

Thomas Koehle

Thomas, the whole thing looks very nice, from the initial idea to the final result. But the implementation looks really impressive, what a nice work! Superb!
Could you comment with more details please - what kind of treatment have you done with your patches to make them look more natural, kind of "vintage looking"? Now they look much more natural and better than when new!
P.S. @ausreenactor, thanks for your tips of making "vintage treatment" on your patches too!

i usually use coffe for the aging process - simply put it into a Cup of coffe for some minutes and afterwards let it dry under pressure (put some old newspapers or so on top for laying it flat) ...

if the effect ain't strong enough i add some more coffee with a spoon to the patch laying flat - simple procedure which works fine

some use tea like recommended by ausreenactor

unfortunately i forgot some aging on the name-badge

Thomas Koehle

Thomas
It was worth waiting for to see the results. It looks really well done. What made you choose that particular jacket from that particular move if I can ask.

THX for the positive comment ...

Initially i found that very first Picture i've posted on the net not remembering it was a commercial pic for that particular movie. Then i watched the and remembered i already seen it when i was in the 20ies but back then i was not that far into our Hobby like today.

Additional to that i think the Korean-war era is simply "under represented" coz most collectors focus on WW2 but not on Korea.

The movie itself is kinda "simplifying" the world dividing it into the "nasty, filthy, evil commies" and the "clean, heroic and smart Americans. So other than for checking the flightgear, Equipment and planes which where used in the Korea conflict i do not take such movies that serious.

B-Man2

THX for the positive comment ...

Initially i found that very first Picture i've posted on the net not remembering it was a commercial pic for that particular movie. Then i watched the and remembered i already seen it when i was in the 20ies but back then i was not that far into our Hobby like today.

Additional to that i think the Korean-war era is simply "under represented" coz most collectors focus on WW2 but not on Korea.

The movie itself is kinda "simplifying" the world dividing it into the "nasty, filthy, evil commies" and the "clean, heroic and smart Americans. So other than for checking the flightgear, Equipment and planes which where used in the Korea conflict i do not take such movies that serious.
Well you did a good job on it.
Congrats!

ausreenactor

I am surprised none have done one up it as a commercial option before now. Patch vendors have sets for Apocalypse Now uniforms, Platoon etc for the jungle uniforms. I think there was a Top Gun patch set too.

Wholenineyards

This was a one off by Gibson and Barnes in the sale section. I bought it for my grand cousin for 250 USD. A size 42. Couldn't reisst posing im it myself, ca. 2006. He still has the jacket... it was great quality, and for that money back then...

Last edited:

Wholenineyards

After a lot of sweat I dug out a chance for us to actually get truly iconic... at that record beating price we wouldn’t even have to wait for payday...
you’re in for the take?

ausreenactor

After a lot of sweat I dug out a chance for us to actually get truly iconic... at that record beating price we wouldn’t even have to wait for payday...
you’re in for the take?

'Heeeeeeyyyyyy' Now you're talking!

Thomas Koehle

Well finally the Lord listened to my paryers for colder weather so i can wear my "Brubaker-ized" AVI-G1

Sorry - the piccies ain't that good but i hope to come up with some better shots somewhen

That face ain't pissed but each time i try to look serious i look like an grumpy old fart pickin' fights with each and everyone ... :)

bGqd8sF.jpg

DejHdJ1.jpg

bvoWwuY.jpg

Last edited:

Thomas Koehle

The chambray is from BRONSON - i also bought that ATF USN set with the bellbottoms and the denim Shawl-jacket complete with the chambray and the White "Donald Duck" top with the belt (top and belt are cheap crap) - the chambray that came with the ATF set is way too big for me so i might place it in the "4 sale" threads

Tenfifteen

Absolutly nice ! Seems that there still some Toko ri jackets fan here ! ;)

I used a tea bag in cold water to get a slight shade to the whites on some patches
I did the same for my patches, that works really great ! But I also did some aging stuff on the name tag

Here's my 1955 Foster (Yes, same year as the movie ! It's an Amend#2 7823(AER))

tokori.jpg

Last edited: