• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bronson USAAF Type B-6 Shearling Flight Jacket

Bombing IP

What ever happened to making bigger sizes ,The Bronson guy was on the forum and said that they were going to make lager sizes for the US market .Just like their chat which claims to get back to you in 24hrs that never happens either ( 4 messages no reply). I PERSONALLY DO NOT LOOK AT THEIR Site because everything is to small for me at 46" chest .

BIP

foster

What ever happened to making bigger sizes ,The Bronson guy was on the forum and said that they were going to make lager sizes for the US market .Just like their chat which claims to get back to you in 24hrs that never happens either ( 4 messages no reply). I PERSONALLY DO NOT LOOK AT THEIR Site because everything is to small for me at 46" chest .

BIP

Some of their Size 44 can fit me, but based on the measurements, most of it will not. By the time they make the patterns for 36, 38, 40, 42, and 44, it seems like it should not be that difficult to make the 46 as well. I guess they are just following the Buzz Rickson's model with regard to sizes.

Bombing IP

Foster point taken but they are working to supply a condensed market which seems stupid .Buzz Rickson is selling out having a lot of there Merch made in China for more profit .It would seem to me to make more money expand your customer base we are only talking about a few inches surely .

BIP OUT

Brettafett

And he'll probably be offering larger sizes.

I get the impression that it also has something to do with the skins, maybe the panels are not large enough to properly make larger sizes.
Or there's a cost/ benefit formula, that any profits above a certain size are negligible and not worth their while. I certainly dont know.

I'd say the same thing about 'long' sizes...
Platon's Dubows for example... Offer a 'long' size, up the price slightly if you have too... and you'll attract buyers.
Cockpit USA was reluctant for years, until a few years back and now they also offer long sizes to the most popular jackets.
Eastman also refused for ages, until sense prevailed ;)

I think it was Ties who mentioned it elsewhere, that adding an inch or so to a jacket falls comfortably within original/ authentic parameters, just dont mess with the actual pattern. My words...

In these times, if you want your business to survive, you may have to start working some things out... Large sizes and 'long' sizes...

ties70

I really liked to look at their stuff, it seems well made...

...but just like Jeff mentioned:
If I get the email newsletter, I simply delete it...I will not fit into their garments. Now, one could say (and has) "They focus on the Asian market...for Chinese people everything above a certain size is disgusting...their customer base in Asia and Middle East is big enough for them...."

All valid points, but then why come here and ask for advice?

I bet that a lot of the jackets on FiveStar's sewing tables go to people with measurements that exceed the average Pakistani... and what happens?

1. @Shawn Ali will make jackets in all sizes...for big-a** Ties as well as for tiny @Nnatalie.
2. He gets the biggest guy in the factory to model the jacket and get you some fit pics.

Oh, and when he came here for advice...he listened...

Ties

Thomas Koehle

Like ya all stated before the biggest concern is their sizing.

Even within production lots size differences are huge. I fit into most of their XXL or 44 pieces but mainly got problems with the room around shoulder 'n armpit. Mostly kind of thight up to an acceptable level but thight.

Would rather get a 5Star jacket made by @Shawn Ali then order BRONSON

zoomer

I really liked to look at their stuff, it seems well made...

...but just like Jeff mentioned:
If I get the email newsletter, I simply delete it...I will not fit into their garments. Now, one could say (and has) "They focus on the Asian market...for Chinese people everything above a certain size is disgusting...their customer base in Asia and Middle East is big enough for them...."

All valid points, but then why come here and ask for advice?
What they need to do is what any other mfr/merchandiser, in China or anywhere else, would do: CREATE A NEW BRAND NAME for the western market. This way the all important far east market need not be disgusted, and they can market totally independently to the west as Shangri-la, El Dorado, Sloppy Joe's, etc.

If it's the company itself that's disgusted, then the hell with them.

Last edited: