• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bronson N1 washing question

dinomartino1

Has anybody washed theirs in cold water, did it shrink at all
Mine fits perfectly and any shrinkage would make it too tight.

Enigma1938

I washed my bronson B10 a half hour in the machine and I was a little worried of shrinking too before. After I took it from the machine I stretched the jacket still wet as good as I could, then hang it up to dry. Well no shrinkage at all, still fits the same and it looks pretty damn good "timeworn" now

Thomas Koehle

Enigma nailed it: after giving the wash restretch the fabric and should be fine ... - for me it worked with a couple of BRONSON and THE DONG garments

dinomartino1

Thanks guys, I'm washing the N1 to get rid of there new look before I put a leather patch on, did you guys wash warm or cold, I 'm not sure if a cold wash will have any effect.

Enigma1938

If you wanna be on the safe side wash it cold. That's absolutely enough to get an awesome used-effect, I'm on work currently so I can make a photo when I'm back home.

dinomartino1

I will try the cold wash and see what happens and try warm if it still looks new. I redyed an A2 but I'm worried about washing a bronson jacket.

Enigma1938

As I said I was worried too but then decided to do it because I only paid 70 bucks for the garment and because there is no other way to remove the newish look (maybe wearing the hell out of it for a couple of years works too)

Garylafortuna

My Bronson B-10 had a chemical odor when I got it. Hand washed it in the bathtub at about room temperature, and let it hang to dry. No shrinkage occurred at all but the mistake I made was using scented laundry detergent which caused the jacket to stink like a perfume bottle for a couple of weeks. I have a Bob Dong N-1 that could use a scrub, but the liner is 95% wool so I'm a little hesitant.

Last edited:

Cobblers161

I washed mine warm however the idea was to obtain shrinkage as it was oversized on arrival.

The warm wash tightened up the jungle cloth weave and now it looks and fits perfect.

I would say it dropped a full size.

I have 3 N-1's, a Real McCoys (which I'm selling) a Buzz and the Bronson and the latter is the only one I get asked about by joe public. I love it!

So in short...... if you don't want it to shrink don't warm wash
Good luck!

B-Man2

I washed mine warm however the idea was to obtain shrinkage as it was oversized on arrival.

The warm wash tightened up the jungle cloth weave and now it looks and fits perfect.

I would say it dropped a full size.

I have 3 N-1's, a Real McCoys (which I'm selling) a Buzz and the Bronson and the latter is the only one I get asked about by joe public. I love it!

So in short...... if you don't want it to shrink don't warm wash
Good luck!
Hi Steve
What’s are sizes of your Buzz and Real McCiys N-1 and which one would you recommend ?
Let me know your price on them as well.
Thanks Steve
Burt

Last edited:

dinomartino1

I washed it in cold water and it did not shrink, though there where loose fibres from the pile lining. you are always going to have that but there was a lot, I suppose just the real loose stuff from the new finish, I just went over it with a vacuum cleaner.

Last edited:

Earloffunk

After reading this, I treated my Dong B-10 with a cold washing cycle (still going roundnroundnround...). I’m really curious what the effect will be. Will report after it’s been dried

Earloffunk

It is out of the washing machine. Mouton looks a bit more curly and not as new. As for the rest of the jacket: no visible change so far. Still looks new. Guess, I’ll have to wear it to give it a worn Look. ;)

dinomartino1

My green N1 did fade slightly, enough to remove the new shiny appearance of the whipcord fabric but not enough for a worn look though and the new jacket smell is gone

Earloffunk

Gave it another round in the washer this time with 20 Celsius. No noticeable effects besides the one mentioned before. Still looks new.

Enigma1938

I promise I will post pics of my B10 tomorrow in the daylight. You'll see it looks way more better now, there's nothing newish left

Enigma1938

It's kinda difficult to make some good photos with that deep standing sun

Attachments

• 20190223_150543.jpg
    20190223_150543.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 336
  • 20190223_151006.jpg
    20190223_151006.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 352
  • 20190223_151034.jpg
    20190223_151034.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 323