• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bronson N-1 sizing question

coolhandluke

I'm looking for some sizing help on Bronson's N-1. I typically wear the same size as Bronson's model Billy (38) and their customer service rep also recommended this size. I am 5'10", a little over 150 lbs, with a 39.5" chest and slim build. The fit shown in the photos below is what I'm after, but I'm concerned that I may need to size up to a 40 given the fact that I'll likely wash the jacket to help age it. I wasn't sure if there would be noticeable shrinkage if washed in cold water and air dried.

Any recommendations? I know that @Brettafett, @Greg Gale, and @London Cabbie wear similar sizes in Bronson jackets. Thanks in advance for the help everyone.

1_d540fad1-c66a-433c-a0cf-90f52ca616fc_800x.jpg

6_a86fc8b9-5200-47aa-b4d3-08ed62a00bf5_800x.jpg

5_4204bfe0-c2e6-45e2-aed4-9f8b6d99917a_800x.jpg

Last edited:

Flightengineer

With such chest you definitely need not 38. I have the same parameters as Greg and Brett.
I also have a 39.5 chest (but my weight is 170 and height is 5.11) and all my A2 jackets are 42 size, B-10 and B-15 are also 42. Mine N1 from NonStock (this is a Bronson sub-brand and has the same sizing) is also 42. After washing, there is shrinkage on half size, mind you. At one time I thought for a long time what to order and bought 42 and don't regret.
Remember that these jackets are narrow armholes and have a slightly narrower silhouette than WW2 originals.

coolhandluke

With such chest you definitely need not 38. I have the same parameters as Greg and Brett.
I also have a 39.5 chest (but my weight is 170 and height is 5.11) and all my A2 jackets are 42 size, B-10 and B-15 are also 42. Mine N1 from NonStock (this is a Bronson sub-brand and has the same sizing) is also 42. After washing, there is shrinkage on half size, mind you. At one time I thought for a long time what to order and bought 42 and don't regret.
Remember that these jackets are narrow armholes and have a slightly narrower silhouette than WW2 originals.

Thanks a ton Dmitry. Sounds like the 40 is likely the way to go then.

JonnyCrow

I
You're welcome. Even if it will a bit big (what I personally doubt), you can always shrink it by washing it in hotter water. These jackets look good when they have an aged look. But you never can't stretch the small size.
Agree Dmitry, with small sizes you can't create meat that doesn't exist :D nice jacket also ;)

Grayland

I'm a solid 40 (5'9, 170 lbs.) and my Bronson is a size 40. I haven't washed it, so can't speak to shrinkage - but I'm glad I didn't size up. The jackets fits nice and trim, but movement is easy. I like that the sleeves aren't as big as most of the N-1's I see. It's a heckuva deal IMO.

coolhandluke

The Bronson N1 arrived yesterday. I put it through the wash on delicate / color setting (approx 60-80 degrees F) and let it air dry. Chest and sleeves tightened up ever so slightly. Fit is pretty much perfect. Thanks again everyone for your input. A medium would have definitely been too small.

20221213_153923.jpg

20221213_153829.jpg

Flightengineer

Great fit! Nice jacket in the right size.
Now you can personalize your N1 if you want of course :)
I remember that I had great pleasure when I reproduced the stencil inscriptions of the aircraft carrier deck crew on mine.

Flightengineer

I'm very curiou how it cameout and how it was done Regards
Yeah me too ,, please show us Dimi.. thanks

With pleasure

Another wash after application to give "the old look"

Made stencils myself, this is not a problem, I like to draw patches/ jacket art /etc. so it was fun.The size and correctness of the inscription consulted by @Grant, for which my thanks again to him.

Last edited:

kowalski

Z przyjemnością

Kolejne mycie po aplikacji, aby nadać „stary wygląd”

Szablony robiłam sama, to nie problem, lubię rysować naszywki/sztuki na kurtki/etc. więc było fajnie. Rozmiar i poprawność napisu konsultował @Grant, za co jeszcze raz mu dziękuję.
WWow nice good Job what kind of paint is it ? Ps what have size jacket ? It bronson ? Pleas give size and correctness of the inscription

Last edited:

Flightengineer

WWow nice good Job what kind of paint is it ? Ps what have size jacket ? It bronson ? Pleas give size and correctness of the inscription

Thanks,
This is a sister line of Bronson - Non Stock, sizing similar to Bronson. Jacket size 42. Paint is PEBEO color for leather and cloth (acrylic).
The height of the letters CV-64 is approximately 6 cm, the height of the "crew" is approximately 3 cm, hope it help.