• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bronson L-2(B)

Greg Gale

OK, so I pulled the trigger on a Bronson L-2B. It's really an L-2, not a B. OD color, angled sleeve pockets. It's one of the best quality Bronson jackets I own. Both my MA-1 and B-10 are size L (40) and fit snugly, this one is more like a 42. It would be perfect for my moving to Bali, but it's really warm!! Warmer than my A-2s or G-1. The patch is not sewn on yet.

Now I'm in trouble what to bring:

A-2: looks cool and temp wise should be OK, but very unpractical to carry and doesn't like the rain.
Denim jacket: very thin, easy to carry, but doesn't look cool at all, especially with blue jeans.
L-2: looks cool, water resistant, easy to carry. But darn warm. Oh well, I guess it will come handy if I hike up a volcano or travel to Australia or something.

Excuse the poor pics and the apocalyptic background, I'm moving out soon:

IMG_0439.jpg
IMG_0416.jpg
IMG_0431.JPG

Brettafett

Nice Greg... Defo bang for the buck! Fit looks great. Practical cool weather 'cockpit' jacket.
I'm not sure Id take any flight jacket to Bali tbh... You'd be so much more comfy for some light wind breaker or tech gear.
Definitely don't take your Star A-2... I don't think horsehide would store well in tropical, humid Bali for a year.

B-Man2

Greg
Looks like it would make a great utility jacket for all types of weather. It’s light weight makes it easy to pack and carry with you when you travel. One suggestion, I would take a small area on the inside of the jacket and spray it as a test patch with 3 M scotchguard water repellent spray and see if it looks ok after it dried . If it works then I would spray the entire jacket down with it to provide some water repellency to keep the rain out and that would be my utility jacket. Throw it in your car or Jeep and you’re good to go for whatever weather you happen to run into over there.
By the way let me take this opportunity to say best of luck with the move and looking forward to hearing more from you once you’ve settled in over in Bali :)

Last edited:

Flightengineer

Hi Greg, you'll not need any of flight jackets on Bali. If only L2-b ... don't take others with you. Will you be WIZZ representatives there?

Greg Gale

Yeah, maybe on chilly stormy nights riding my scooter, or in case I go visit Australia or something... It's good to have at least one jacket.

BTW I've seen old photos of Bronson L-2s with "Army Air Forces" written on the shoulder - why oh why?? Then I was relieved to see that mine has U.S. Air Force :)

I can really recommend this one. If only it was a sage green L-2B, but oh well.

CBI

I have the Bronson blue version. Agreed, a great buy. I have owned original L-2's, a BR and Diamond Dave's. Bronson is not in the DD or BR class but really its good enough for me, a guilt free price and I have enjoyed wearing it as much as any other L-2 I have owned. Enjoy!