• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bronson Just Re-Stocked

stanier

It feels a bit soon for anyone to have received their 2022 L-2 / L-2A but would be keen to hear a review and how they might compare to last year. In particular about the zips, the knits, the nylon and has the "rroperty" label been corrected. Any info and pics gratefully received. Cheers all

coolhandluke

The size 36 Bronson L-2A arrived today. The shoulder width and sleeve measurements match Bronson's listed measurements, but the chest is 43", rather than 43.7", and the back length is only 23.5" rather than the 24.2" that is listed. Shoulders, chest, and, sleeves fit spot on, but the jacket is a touch too trim in the lower torso and at least .5" - .75" shorter than I'd like it to be. Aside from the length issue and the not-great repro Conmar zipper, the jacket is surprisingly nice. I'll try to get some fit pics later this evening.

BTW...the US RROPERTY label is still in use.

Brettafett

Im waiting for that blue Suka jacket to be restocked.
Also hoping, in vain, for an un-patched Taxi Tanker.

coolhandluke

Here's how the size 36/ small fits. For reference, I am 5'10" , 150 lbs, with a 39.5" chest. As mentioned earlier, I'd prefer the length to be .7" longer as it was listed on Bronson's website. Otherwise the jacket fits as I had hoped. I am assuming that a 38 would have been the perfect length, but I was concerned that the sleeves would have looked far too baggy/ blousey.

0zsMS16.jpeg

m0Lqv5j.jpeg

This was the fit that I was trying to avoid (size 38/ medium)...

V1ZhHsoZh_mid.jpg

stanier

Here's how the size 36/ small fits. For reference, I am 5'10" , 150 lbs, with a 39.5" chest. As mentioned earlier, I'd prefer the length to be .7" longer as it was listed on Bronson's website. Otherwise the jacket fits as I had hoped. I am assuming that a 38 would have been the perfect length, but I was concerned that the sleeves would have looked far too baggy/ blousey.

View attachment 83206

View attachment 83207

This was the fit that I was trying to avoid (size 38/ medium)...

View attachment 83208

Thanks for the pics and words coolhandluke. I know jacket fit regarding how it looks and feels can be two different things, but to my eye yours looks spot on. Orginals were very short jackets if it helps.

Whats the issue with zipper?

I suppose the "rroperty" could be fixed, or at least reduced, with a fine black permanent marker pen? I think even at this price point that's a bit of a daft error.

Knits all look good but I don't know why Bronson keep using wool & acrylic blends. It's a detail point and won't make any difference to how it wears but for surely pennies cost implication use 100% wool imo and have authenticity.

How's the interior and exterior nylon close up, both look and feel?

Cheers

Chris

coolhandluke

Thanks for the pics and words coolhandluke. I know jacket fit regarding how it looks and feels can be two different things, but to my eye yours looks spot on. Orginals were very short jackets if it helps.

Whats the issue with zipper?

I suppose the "rroperty" could be fixed, or at least reduced, with a fine black permanent marker pen? I think even at this price point that's a bit of a daft error.

Knits all look good but I don't know why Bronson keep using wool & acrylic blends. It's a detail point and won't make any difference to how it wears but for surely pennies cost implication use 100% wool imo and have authenticity.

How's the interior and exterior nylon close up, both look and feel?

Cheers

Chris

Thanks Chris. Yes, I think the fit is pretty spot on. I just could have really used that extra .7" in length as the jacket tends to ride up over my belt line with any sort of movement when zipped. That's partly due to the fact that I don't wear overly high waisted pants and the fact that it's a touch short for my height.

I have a bad habit of buying a size too small on my first purchase of a model that I haven't worn before. I typically wear a 40 in an A2, so sizing down 2 sizes was risky. @Greg Gale went with a size 38 and it looked plenty roomy on him. I believe that he's approximately 9-10 lbs heavier than I am and approximately 3 inches taller, so I was hesitant to go with that size.

The zipper isn't terrible l, but it isn't great either. Just not smooth sailing whatsoever. However, it did improve after treating it with zipper lube. I've noticed that the zipper pull tends to creep up when not zipped and gets stuck in place when you try to return it to the bottom of the chain.

In regards to the nylon, it seems fine for the price point. I was pleasantly suprised by the weight of the shell and inner lining. I honestly have no basis for comparison though, since I've never handled an original or a quality repro like a BR. If you can catch the Bronson jackets on sale. It's a no-brainer IMO...especially given the free shipping option.

pierregloom

Hi all !
I just asked Bronson for news about their B10, and they answered it will be back in stock in the early November. (I was asking for the khaki version, but I guess it will be the same for the olive one).
So I thought I should share it with you.
Think I'm gonna try to order one for christmas (or after if shipping takes time...).

Brettafett

Hey @pierregloom you know I like Bronsos's gear, incl. the B-10, and they are good for the money... but I wonder if you are not better off looking for a Buzz Rickson?
I got mine from Japan and yes, it cost more than the Bronson's, but its a better jacket all round.
I bought mine here https://eight-g.shop/en
Mines a size 42 and fits well and I would say its worth spending the extra money

pierregloom

Thanks @Brettafett
I haven't decided what I'll do yet, but what I like about Bronson's Khaki B-10 is :
- the fact that it goes with the red/orange "superior togs like" knitting
- the attractive price compared with Buzz Rickson's one with that feature
- Even if I know it's not accurate, I find these colors for that kind of jacket really cool and a bit less "army guy" connoted than the olive version (I don't care really much about this detail, but I guess it's part of my thinking)

colekwok

If you are strictly NOT buying Chinese brands, Buzz is the one for you. You can't go wrong with their B-10 for sure.

If you are looking at Chinese brands, try Bob Dong as well, IMHO, their jackets are better than Bronson.

Brettafett

Yes, I had both BD and Bronson B-10s, I reviewed or commented on differences previously.
I think both are decent for the price, but there are subtle differences.
Pattern is slightly different, found the BD 42 slightly roomy, and the Bronson 40 slightly trim
The mouton on the BD was much better
BD has the khaki with red knits version also.

petermack09

I own a bronson b10, previously had a buzz rickson one, the William Gibson,, the bronson was far superior, better knits, zipper, warmer and nicer collar,and definitely more robust, a real bargain.

CBI

My 2 cents. I have been super happy with everything from Bronson. Whatever the pros and cons might be for each person, I found that I didn't/don't wear my Bronson's any more or less than my higher priced jackets. My Bronson's are enjoyed equally. As actual wearers, I find them 100% worth owning with no wants - wishes that "X" was better (even if it could be). So glad there is an inexpensive option.

CBI

more re-stocks today, their A-1's are back - these are SUPER!!!!

also pants however I do feel that their pants/jeans are often too baggy, I mean, these are too baggy to wear baggy!

petermack09

No AL-1 unfortunately, but has anyone tried the A1? I'm looking for a review of a size 44 and how it sizes, after trying a size 46 headwind and finding it too big.

CBI

I have both color A-1's - the fit/cut is terrific. Great for the price. The sheepskin hide looks nice, its not in th same class as the high end hides but it works well. My daughter wanted one so I soaked/shrank my mid-brown one, it shrank almost 4 inches around the waits and chest!!!! Fits her well.

B-Man2

more re-stocks today, their A-1's are back - these are SUPER!!!!

also pants however I do feel that their pants/jeans are often too baggy, I mean, these are too baggy to wear baggy!
I just ordered russet A1 from Bronson. The price was too good to pass up. I’ve bought jackets from CBI in the past and if he says it’s a good deal, you can take it to the bank. When it arrives I’ll post a quick review of it . Thanks John :)

Harris_HTM

I have both color A-1's - the fit/cut is terrific. Great for the price. The sheepskin hide looks nice, its not in th same class as the high end hides but it works well. My daughter wanted one so I soaked/shrank my mid-brown one, it shrank almost 4 inches around the waits and chest!!!! Fits her well.
is it sheepskin or goatskin?
1665516770186.png