• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bronson helmet bag

Greg Gale

For the last 5 years I've been using a MilTec Helmet bag-ish bag. It's made of VERY sturdy OD canvas and it has backpack straps that you can hide in a hidden pocket if you like. It's the most practical bag I've owned, ideal for travelling the world.

Then I saw that Bronson produced a replica nylon helmet bag, so I ordered one to replace my MilTec. I got it yesterday.

It's very accurate, and also great quality - I was already familiar with Bronson's nylon because I own an L-2. However, the experience is a bit of a mixed bag. The Bronson is probably very accurate, but I wasn't aware that real helmet bags are so light and thin. You can fold it into a big pocket basically. This and the lack of those inaccurate backpack straps makes it unsuited for backpacking around SE Asia. It has a shoulder strap but when it's filled with my laptop and other heavy items, it's not ideal. So yeah, I don't know.

I ordered some patches to adorn it - this time it's VF-41!

Pics to come in next post:

Greg Gale

E9B09797-586B-4352-8637-FFA214825CC3.jpeg
657B244B-44B0-4A2F-BF70-F1DD0FF6362F.jpeg

Shropshire-lad

I had an original once..... it had thick padding, a metal hook on the outside and very sturdy zip. Is nowhere selling the real thing?