• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bronson B-15A, 1st Look

B-Man2

Brett
I have not had anything like that with my B-15a. I would simply return the jacket and order another . It seems a lot cheaper than ozoning it or re-lining the jacket . You can also email Bronson telling them the problem . I’ve done that on another occasion and they got back to me within 12 hours .

Brettafett

Thats exactly my thoughts.
I've already emailed them.
Ozoning is not too bad, price-wise... but no guarantee it removes anything and also, last time I did that, they put a couple of small holes and a nasty creases in my ELC B-10! No thanks...
Replacing lining is almost as much as the jacket. No thanks.

Flightengineer

How would you recommend washing this jacket?
And doesn't the knit, the cuffs and waistband loosen out?

???

If you read my answer to you today on the previous page, everything is there, including the wash mashine mode :)
I already wrote in this thread 2 years ago that nothing happened with my jacket after washing. Thomas was a pioneer in this, I just followed his example. In addition to the beautiful fade and the look of the jacket not "right now from the warehouse", but already "was in cockpit/business", there have been no other changes. All my photos in this jacket are after washing. And if I need to, I'll wash it a second and third time without a doubt.
It's of course your decision and your risk - whether to wash or not, but I don't think Bronson radically changed the materials.I think during war, these jackets were simply washed as they became dirty and did not stand on ceremony with them.

Thomas Koehle

Brett,

Dimi was even more sensitive when washing his jacket than I was with my B15 as well as with the B10 ...

Worked out pretty well and - like Dmitry already described - those jackets lost that brand new look after the wash

do not tumble dry just hang the jacket and that’s it

Having an issue with my Bronson B-15A... the smell.
It has a very strong musky, chemical, moth-ball type thing going on - this is the lining, shell and collar is fine.
My partner has threatened all sort of nasty things lol, she's right though, I had it lay over the sofa for a day and the sofa now smells.
Anyone else had this?

Hi -- I just got my B-15A in the mail and am having the same issue. It smells like mold to me. Did you have any luck with the wash?

Thanks,

Charles

Ok So I washed the B-15A in cold water. Came out the other side looking great, knits still very tight, but it did shrink enough in the body to make it just a bit too snug. I went with a 42 and out of the box, it felt like it fit big for a 42 (which is what I was looking for) now I wish I had gotten a 44. If anyone is looking for a B15A only worn once and laundered, you can drop a line.

Brettafett

Would it not be worth a try, to contact them and explain the situation? Perhaps ask for an exchange?
I said in my email to them, that I was returning it due to smell. I am sure they must have received many more of these 'complaints'...
Might be worth a try.

Flightengineer

Ok So I washed the B-15A in cold water. Came out the other side looking great, knits still very tight, but it did shrink enough in the body to make it just a bit too snug. I went with a 42 and out of the box, it felt like it fit big for a 42 (which is what I was looking for) now I wish I had gotten a 44. If anyone is looking for a B15A only worn once and laundered, you can drop a line.

This is pretty weird. Have you used a dryer?
I washed my Bronson and its size hasn't changed. I washed it on a 30C mode and a spin of 400, after which it dried on a hanger in a day and remained the same size and not become smaller. Thomas washed his own at an even higher temperature and it hasn't changed either.
Maybe Bronson changed the composition of the fabric ... my jacket was bought 2 years ago.

Brettafett

Dmitry, this would be my guess. The lining did feel somewhat different from my B-10. And the B-10 certainly had no smell to it whatsoever.
I have a feeling they are using a different material or different production, or something... The collar also, not like the B-10 at all.

This is pretty weird. Have you used a dryer?
I washed my Bronson and its size hasn't changed. I washed it on a 30C mode and a spin of 400, after which it dried on a hanger in a day and remained the same size and not become smaller. Thomas washed his own at an even higher temperature and it hasn't changed either.
Maybe Bronson changed the composition of the fabric ... my jacket was bought 2 years ago.

I did not use the dryer. I washed it on "cold" and let it hang dry as per this thread and the care instructions on the jacket. I wish I took measurements beforehand, but you can really see the shrinkage in the overall body length which you can notice in the zipper puckering a bit and along the inside where the lining meets the waistband.

I was able to sell the jacket to a friend pretty quickly and will buy another in the same size (they are sold out of 44s) and just wont wash. The only thing I have lost is time.

Attachments

• IMG_1294.jpeg
    IMG_1294.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 291
  • IMG_1295.jpeg
    IMG_1295.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 271
  • IMG_1296.jpeg
    IMG_1296.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 281

Flightengineer

Wow! The zipper has become wavy ... this didn't happen with my jacket. Apparently Brett is right, Bronson changed the materials this year.

OFF
Hell, after VLJ site has been updated, I have terrible difficulties to write and reply in any thread. I have to go to the site with difficulty every time after any post