• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bronson B-15A, 1st Look

Flightengineer

Love the patch! Jacket looks fantastic

Nice one Dima, looks great on you. I love the patch as well.

Thanks!
I also like this funny patch and this was the reason for my choice.
This is the patch that 41st TCS crews used only when they were based on Tachikawa AB not far from Tokyo (the official approved 41st squadron patch looks different - it is with cat).
They had C-47 and C-46 planes in this period, the weather in winter was very wet and the rains gave a lot of mud. I read the memories of SQN veterans and they often mention this mud.
This is reflected in the patch - "angry" C-46, trying to take off and snatch gears from the mud of the Tachikawa's runway :) It is unlikely that was a lot of mud on the runway, but on the taxiways was probably.
Mountain in the background - Fuji.

Greg Gale

How does the size L feel on you? Is it tight, or is there room to spare? I'm considering ordering an MA-1 from them, and I'm supposed to be size L too - and I know we both wear size 40 ELC Stars, although my arms are a touch longer.

Flightengineer

How does the size L feel on you? Is it tight, or is there room to spare? I'm considering ordering an MA-1 from them, and I'm supposed to be size L too - and I know we both wear size 40 ELC Stars, although my arms are a touch longer.

L is OK for me , not tight, comfy on t-shirt and on slim sweater.
L was indicated for order only. In fact on the label is size 40 and I compared the measurements of the original size 40 B-15A jacket from one eBay listing - the measurements are the same as my Bronson size 40. Bronson probably copied the original contract jacket of the someone original manufacturer.

1ceb51aecefa.jpg

All my jackets A2 and G1 are also size 40 and fit me well.

Greg, you need to look more closely, with their MA-1 maybe is another size story.

B-Man2

Dimitry
Thanks for the alert on this.
I wonder if all the jackets come patched or you can purchase them without the patch ?

Flightengineer

Burt, I also do not like their patch, if I would bought this jacket from Bob Dong, I probably would have replaced it with more authentic one.

B-Man2

Burt, I also do not like their patch, if I would bought this jacket from Bob Dong, I probably would have replaced it with more authentic one.
Yes I agree.
I don’t know why they do this. They finally come out with a jacket in the larger sizes and then they put some messed up non existent unit patch and a fake name tag. Why not just leave it alone.

Brettafett

That second link was from the guy I got my B-10.
Maybe the next seasonal batch arriving supposedly end of month (or Nov) will have unmatched versions, larger sizes for both the B-10s and B-152.
Again, I'd encourage you to email the seller. The more of us showing an interest, the more they will take us seriously and supply the demand.

B-Man2

I emailed your guy at the second link and inquired if he also had any sterile jackets without the bogus patch and name tag. He replied that these were all that were available and didn’t know if they would have any unpatched jackets.
So now the dilemma is wait for a unpatched version that may never come or buy this one and remove the patches and live with the holes but at least you’ll have one.
Ok guys help me out here , what would you do?

Last edited:

Technonut2112

Looking at the "Please consider the 4cm thickness of lining when you choose the size", and the 46.5" chest listed for the size 44 Bob Dong B-15A, I would imagine the jacket would be way too snug to fit my 44" chest.

My size 42 Bronson B-10 had a similar type lining, and I thought that it's 48" chest / 19" shoulders would be plenty of room, although I'm a size 44...it was too snug for much more than a tee-shirt to get under, even with the 4" of extra room over my actual chest measurement because of the lining. I really needed a tagged 44. When I upgraded to the BR Superior Togs B-10, HPA had the chest size listed at 50" / 20" shoulders for the size 44, which indeed were the measurements of the 44 I received...... It fits me quite well...

EDIT: The BD's size 44's listed length of 27.2" would be too long for me, and the sleeve length of 25.6" would be a bit short as well... Kind of strange measurements for a tagged 44 all the way around IMO..

Last edited:

Flightengineer

I emailed your guy at the second link and inquired if he also had any sterile jackets without the bogus patch and name tag. He replied that these were all that were available and didn’t know if they would have any unpatched jackets.
So now the dilemma is wait for a unpatched version that may never come or buy this one and remove the patches and live with the holes but at least you’ll have one.
Ok guys help me out here , what would you do?

Since this is a cotton shell jacket, then removing a patch, it is possible to make the holes imperceptible by steam irons or washing this jacket after removing the patch.
If the punctures on the fabric still remain, then you can put a more correct patch on top.

Thomas Koehle

Since this is a cotton shell jacket, then removing a patch, it is possible to make the holes imperceptible by steam irons or washing this jacket after removing the patch.
If the punctures on the fabric still remain, then you can put a more correct patch on top.

Yeah I think Dmitry is right ...

Not like a leather jacket and if the stitches ain‘t disappear you finally can put another patch on

Still I don‘t buy the story the jackets are „real“ 44‘s. Looking forward to read the first review

Technonut2112

Still I don‘t buy the story the jackets are „real“ 44‘s. Looking forward to read the first review

IMO, and experience with my Bronson B-10 and BR Superior Togs measurements, there is no way in hell that the tagged size 44 Bob Dong B-15 A with a 46.5" chest-circumference will fit someone with an actual 44" chest well... We're only talking 2.5" of chest room NOT taking the lining into consideration (not to mention the back length / sleeve length).

Like I posted before, even the size 42 Bronson B-10's 48" chest was too snug for me with the lining. The 25" pit-pit of the size 44 BR Superior Togs B-10 fits me perfectly... I'm fairly certain that Bronson knocked-off their B-10 pattern from the BR ST, since both jackets in size 42 share exactly the same measurements (and an AliExpress seller shows pics of the BR ST as a direct comparison in their Bronson B-10 listing ;)).

Last edited: