Bronson B-15A, 1st Look

Brettafett

As Dmitry says...
Personally, I would not wear a jacket with patch holes that were visible.... You could find a better patch to replace.
Or take the chance and wait for new stock. They have to make a version without patches (perhaps not ;) ).
I guess theres always buying it, removing or replacing the patch... and then IF unmatched ones become available, buying one (you now know your size exactly) and then selling the patched on.
These are not Eastman prices, so even though it is cash, one can afford the small knocks for something that in the end, is a fantastic jacket for minimal costs.

Flightengineer

Today carefully looked at pics in Bob Dong B-15 listing .
By the way, a serious disadvantage is the marking on the buttons. Looks like legacy of early Avirex...

Bronson is OK with this, the buttons are smooth as on the original.

zoomer

B-Man2 said:
It seems the manufacturers in China have been reading VLJ and have taken our suggestions to heart.
But - they are drawing the line at making larger sizes!!!

DJS48

Dmitri,
I am considering buying a Bronson B-15A.

Did you make the replacement puller or buy it from someone?

Regards,
Don

Flightengineer

Dmitri,
I am considering buying a Bronson B-15A.

Did you make the replacement puller or buy it from someone?

Regards,
Don
Hi Don,
I made it myself after studying the photos of the original jackets.
After several attempts, I managed to do what I needed. And after my tailor stitched it - exactly copied the size and shape pitch of stitches (I combined this with a patch sewing visit).

Art

A89A0440-DFCC-4253-A59F-10329BDDBD81.jpeg
image.jpg
A89A0440-DFCC-4253-A59F-10329BDDBD81.jpeg
I may have one of these that’s been Mis sold to me as a buzz rickson, it’s from the Japanese auction site “buyee” . Let me know your opinions as the build quality doesn’t seem up to scratch I’ve posted pics on the page with the thread ....nice one Art