• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bronson B-15A, 1st Look

Flightengineer

Ok it's been a long morning and I may be barking up the wrong tree with your meaning but those triangles are supposed to have one edge open, they are there to attach the oxygen hose crocodile clip to the front of the jacket. They are not supposed to be sewn all the away around.

Steve, he meant that on the originals, this open edge was made with the leather folded inward, and Bronson simply cut the edge and made stitch. This stitch on the edge on the original just secures this hem with folded leather inside.
Apparently this was done so that the mask clip would not quickly damage the edge, so it turned out to be reinforced - double.

Micawber

Steve, he meant that on the originals, this open edge was made with the leather folded inward, and Bronson simply cut the edge and made stitch. This stitch on the edge on the original just secures this hem with folded leather inside.
Apparently this was done so that the mask clip would not quickly damage the edge, so it turned out to be reinforced - double.

Yep, understood now

Flightengineer

Dmitry
The jacket looks good on you. IMO it’s a great jacket for the price . As you said it’s a warm and cozy jacket at temperatures over 32F or 0C . With a sweater or jumper under it you can wear it below those temperatures .

Thank you, Burt.
Well, for me it's a jacket up to a temperature not lower than +5 +7 C, cause it starts to get cold my part lower my back ha ha.
Yes, it's a fair jacket. The only not so nice nuance of the new batch Bronson B-15A is a weaker dye and a slightly different fabric that Bronson used on these jackets (I can compare with the first gen and I can say for sure the fabric on first was a little lighter color and more quality dyed fabric). As a result of even gentle washing new one, there were several straips that were barely noticeable to the eye on the back (in the style of early washed M-51 field jackets, if you know what I mean). I can certainly live with that cause I like these jackets a bit "salty" that looks like was in flights, I can easily imagine how they got dirty and worn by real pilots in cockpits of metal warbirds. This is probably why so few of these original fabric B-10 and B-15 jackets survived to novadays. I wear this type of jackets principally to walk with my dogs or for walks in the park, these are not quite urban clothes for me, for a big city there are many other more modern and technological jackets that look more hamonious in my metropolis.
Alas, the fabric of the new Bronson B-15A has a strange sheen if not wash it, much more than it was in the first batches. That's why, like Thomas, I prefer to prewash them, I don't like the "fresh from stock" look of a new fabric flight jacket.
Now I'm thinking about what patch and stencil to apply, I have a few thoughts, but I haven't decided yet.

Thomas Koehle

No.It was originally lighter and a different shade.
By the way, both jackets were washed in the same mode.

One of my pals is a denim/indigo geek - he told me he never washes his stuff but gives it a scrubb with a brush (if necessary) and then puts it into the freezer for a couple of hours to remove bad odors ... :)

well my wife would be surprised if she'd open the fridge and my pants or a jacket or somethin' would be stuffed in there

Flightengineer

One of my pals is a denim/indigo geek - he told me he never washes his stuff but gives it a scrubb with a brush (if necessary) and then puts it into the freezer for a couple of hours to remove bad odors ... :)

well my wife would be surprised if she'd open the fridge and my pants or a jacket or somethin' would be stuffed in there

Yes, Thomas, this is a well-known trick among denimheads.
Considering the number of jackets you have, you'd need an industrial refrigerator to surprise your wife :)

Flightengineer

Too cold for a zipped up B-15? Yowzer...

Well, it was -10 C that day, I don't have the habit of wearing a warm flight suit with this jacket, so yes, long walks with the dogs can freeze my ass in a B-15 here in the winter. That's why I usually wear longer jackets when it's so cold outside here.
Love

That 41st patch... Grabbed a reproduction after seeing yours.... Looks like you buy cloth and nylon just to display a patch or two. Tankers and M-41s are my patch carriers...

Thanks, yes, I remember that story when you bought it, it's a great repro.
Ha ha, actually, I certainly buy jackets to wear them, I just usually wear these on walks with my dogs and they don’t know how to take pictures. I don’t really like selfies and I’m not very good at taking them. Therefore, here are more of my photos in A2, this is a more summer jacket for the local weather and there is usually someone who can take a pic.