• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bronson B-10

D97x7

It was the other way actually, I was thinking it was a little short, happy with it now though.

Smithy

The B-10 is probably one of the most practical flying jackets there is. I have two from ATF (bought a second one as soon as I heard they were stopping making them as I just loved my first ATF one) and they're cracking jackets. I wore one whilst building a verandah and restoring a boat and it was bloody wonderful.

That really does look good Nick although you wouldn't want to go any shorter whatsoever. Some trousers with a higher rise might come in handy if the kidneys are getting a bit draughty.

Lockheed

Been seeing a lot of nice stuff about the Bronson B-10 recently, I was thinking about getting one but I'm noticing a lot of discrepancy between prices on ebay, amazon, aliexpress, etc.
I was thinking about just using amazon for one, but does anyone have any particular recommendation?

I currently have an ATF B-10 which I love, but I'm liking how the Bronson B-10 looks less bulky with a better looking collar.

Steve27752

Been seeing a lot of nice stuff about the Bronson B-10 recently, I was thinking about getting one but I'm noticing a lot of discrepancy between prices on ebay, amazon, aliexpress, etc.
I was thinking about just using amazon for one, but does anyone have any particular recommendation?

I currently have an ATF B-10 which I love, but I'm liking how the Bronson B-10 looks less bulky with a better looking collar.
Welcome to VLJ.
By way of an introduction, why not post a bit about yourself here.
http://www.vintageleatherjackets.org/forums/member-bios.21/

D97x7

Just the job for doing chores, love it.
FB_IMG_1544959513832.jpg

Smithy

I built a verandah and restored a 100 year old Nordlandsbåt (traditional northern Norwegian boat) wearing my B-10. They're perfect working jackets when your outside and it's nippy.

Smithy

Well that's a bit tricky as the verandah was in 2017 (it was for my mother-in-law) and the boat earlier this summer and I tend to be thinking of other things when working than to take selfies of my jacket.

Here's the boat though if that helps, just after painting and in the process of making the mast. Probably tremendously boring if you're not into boating but ask and you shall receive.

RUpdloJ.jpg

9TPNJQR.jpg

Carl

Have just seen a Bronson B10 labelled a 38 for €120 .
Do these come up to size ?? im sort of between sizes 38/40
Any help please
Carl

Brettafett

Hi Carl, yes... Both the Bronson and the Dong fit about the same, although I'd say the Bronson is a touch shorter.
This is clearly only an issue for us long-armed guys.
If you are 38/40, I'd go for a 40, especially in the Bronson. If you are able to return the 38, could be a good try.

Carl

Hi Carl, yes... Both the Bronson and the Dong fit about the same, although I'd say the Bronson is a touch shorter.
This is clearly only an issue for us long-armed guys.
If you are 38/40, I'd go for a 40, especially in the Bronson. If you are able to return the 38, could be a good try.
Ill have to ask the seller , im going to double check the measurements against my BR Superior Togs , which is a little long in the sleeves ! Im a shorty !! :D

Many thanks
C

Greg Gale

Halfway into winter I’d like to share some thoughts on the Bronson B-10. I pulled off last winter with a WPG Irvin, wearing it below -2 C, otherwise wearing an MA-1. I was worried that owning a B-10 wouldn’t make much sense, and it wouldn’t get much use. I couldn’t have been more wrong. I wear the Irvin below -3/-4, above that it gets too warm. I only put on my MA-1 above 4-5 C, below that it gets a tad cold due to the short torso and lack of collar. For everything in between, which covers most winter days around here the B-10 is perfect! Lighter than the Irvin, much less bulky, more practical with its pockets, but warmer than the MA-1 both around the neck and overall. So if this is what keeps you from getting one, think no more :)

johnwayne

Check Buy/Sell, nkang still not sold his yet -an Aero Test B10 that look good for the money! With the current cold snap here in London at the mo I've been wearing mine most days, loving it (BR Superior Togs rust knit).

Enigma1938

Hello folks
I have an update for the bronson B10 jackets.
I bought one second hand in mint condition and the original owner bought the jacket in december 2018. It seems that bronson introduced some improvements meanwhile. The puller on the zipper is now on the correct side and the knits on the sleeves don't have the seam anymore, they are one-piece now. Maybe some production involved guys are reading vlj.
On the other hand I noticed that the buttons are sewn very poorly to the cloth. The most of them seem to fall off after a few hours of wear so I have to improve this by myself. Not a big thing because I only payed 68 bucks for it.