• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bronson B-10

Greg Gale

487th. I already stenciled the cloth lining behind the zipper on the inside, and added an escape whistle as a zipper puller. I always wanted a bluenoser jacket. Thanks for the kind words, all!

Greg Gale

Is there a rule of thumb how far above the left pocket did patches go? Judging by pictures a bit higher than on A-2s?

Greg Gale

I brought my jacket to the seamstress today, and the how high above the pocket question was answered fast: it has to go above the internal pocket! That's why patches are usually placed higher on B-10s than on A-2s:

front_view.jpg

Technonut2112

Received my size 44 2018 Bronson B-10 today. Excellent jacket as expected. From pics, it appeared to be a bit more refined than the one I had last year, and the pics were correct. As I suspected, Bronson cut-down on their lining pile thickness. Makes for a 'slimmer' jacket, and 'less full' IMO in comparison to last year's version, and my Buzz Superior Togs (which has period-correct double-faced alpaca-wool blend lining). I'll have to wait until temps drop to a comparable level to where I wore last year's version to see if it's as warm. Being it's the same % of wool blend, only thinner, I don't think it will be.

The cuffs are not seamed, and improved, as well as the waistband material. The collar mouton is a nicely shaped brown color, and the fit is much better in my normal size 44 than the much snugger 42 I had. The infamous left-hand zipper-pull has thankfully been corrected to the right-hand side for U.S. jackets, and is a smooth-running triple-marked Talon repro. All-in-all, I am pleased with this one, and it's nice to have around when I want to wear a B-10 that I'm not concerned so much about messing-up like my Buzz ST. I can compensate for the thinner lining by layering a thin sweater or sweatshirt underneath if necessary. For the $$, the 2018 Bronson B-10 is hard to beat considering the other B-10 repros available in it's price range. I would call it the 'Carhartt' of B-10 repros.

B-Man2

Received my size 44 2018 Bronson B-10 today. Excellent jacket as expected. From pics, it appeared to be a bit more refined than the one I had last year, and the pics were correct. As I suspected, Bronson cut-down on their lining pile thickness. Makes for a 'slimmer' jacket, and 'less full' IMO in comparison to last year's version, and my Buzz Superior Togs (which has period-correct double-faced alpaca-wool blend lining). I'll have to wait until temps drop to a comparable level to where I wore last year's version to see if it's as warm. Being it's the same % of wool blend, only thinner, I don't think it will be.

The cuffs are not seamed, and improved, as well as the waistband material. The collar mouton is a nicely shaped brown color, and the fit is much better in my normal size 44 than the much snugger 42 I had. The infamous left-hand zipper-pull has thankfully been corrected to the right-hand side for U.S. jackets, and is a smooth-running triple-marked Talon repro. All-in-all, I am pleased with this one, and it's nice to have around when I want to wear a B-10 that I'm not concerned so much about messing-up like my Buzz ST. I can compensate for the thinner lining by layering a thin sweater or sweatshirt underneath if necessary. For the $$, the 2018 Bronson B-10 is hard to beat considering the other B-10 repros available in it's price range. I would call it the 'Carhartt' of B-10 repros.

Techno
The "Carhartt" of B-10 repros?
Hell..... that would do it for me....
Would you mind posting some measurements of that 44, in light of the fact that the Chinese repros have been running on the smaller side, I'd like to see what a 44 measures out to ……..Thanks

Technonut2112

Techno
The "Carhartt" of B-10 repros?
Hell..... that would do it for me....
Would you mind posting some measurements of that 44, in light of the fact that the Chinese repros have been running on the smaller side, I'd like to see what a 44 measures out to ……..Thanks

The jacket is extremely well constructed IMO for a cotton jacket right down to the heavy-duty material used in the inside pocket, hence 'Carhartt'.. ;) It's exactly the same as my size 44 Buzz Superior Togs except the sleeves are 1/2" longer (but are only supposed to be 26")

Pit-Pit: 25"
Shoulders: 20"
Sleeves: 26.5"
Length: 26"

EDIT: One thing that is more a 'niggle' than anything, but still bothers me somewhat, is the placement of the roundel transfer under the epaulet. On my old Bronson, it was well-placed directly under the epaulet...On my 2018 version, the roundel looks more or less OK at a glance, BUT it is certainly NOT well-placed in relation to the epaulet. I suppose just chalk it up as an 'authentic' feature, since I've seen a few which were not placed well in period pics.. Whenever this one fades, I'll more than likely use one of the nice wartime roundel patches I have in my collection to replace it..

Last edited:

s4rmark

Looks like a great jacket and fits you well. You’re too used to the heavyweight shearling jackets! But it’ll grow on you that B-10.

Technonut2112

I still have the tags on my green 2018 Bronson 44... As I posted, IMO, it is very well-constructed. The cotton shell is similar at a glance to my Eastman & Buzz ST B-10's, but more 'heavy-duty', and not as fine of weave. The mouton is more of a 'short-fur' type, and the collar is cut well for a B-10 of this price IMO. It's also more of a brown color than my pic shows. The knits have a high wool-content, and are seamless. Place the Bronson and Buzz B-10's together for an average person to compare, and they just may choose the Bronson, since it may 'look' to have an edge in the durability department.. ;) I'll more than likely be posting this brand-new jacket in the classies soon for a killer $$ (U.S. sale only), so keep an eye open (or two) if interested..

DSCF0711 (2).jpg

D97x7

It was the length that was concerning me, but having worn it most of yesterday I've got used to it now :)