Bronson B-10

Discussion in 'Cloth' started by mrchina, Dec 20, 2016.

1. B-Man2

B-Man2 Well-Known Member

Greg.
    Nice jacket and you nailed the fit down.
    Thanks for the review and feedback.

Greg Gale likes this.
  2. falcon_ib

falcon_ib Well-Known Member

Great jacket and fit! What are your ideas for patching?

Evan

3. Greg Gale

Greg Gale Well-Known Member

487th. I already stenciled the cloth lining behind the zipper on the inside, and added an escape whistle as a zipper puller. I always wanted a bluenoser jacket. Thanks for the kind words, all!

4. Greg Gale

Is there a rule of thumb how far above the left pocket did patches go? Judging by pictures a bit higher than on A-2s?

5. MeachamLake

MeachamLake Well-Known Member

1.968 inches exactly.

The slightest variation in either direction and it's ruined.

:)

6. Greg Gale

7. Greg Gale

I brought my jacket to the seamstress today, and the how high above the pocket question was answered fast: it has to go above the internal pocket! That's why patches are usually placed higher on B-10s than on A-2s:

[​IMG]

Pilot, Geeboo, Cocker and 2 others like this.
  8. Technonut2112

Technonut2112 Well-Known Member

Received my size 44 2018 Bronson B-10 today. Excellent jacket as expected. From pics, it appeared to be a bit more refined than the one I had last year, and the pics were correct. As I suspected, Bronson cut-down on their lining pile thickness. Makes for a 'slimmer' jacket, and 'less full' IMO in comparison to last year's version, and my Buzz Superior Togs (which has period-correct double-faced alpaca-wool blend lining). I'll have to wait until temps drop to a comparable level to where I wore last year's version to see if it's as warm. Being it's the same % of wool blend, only thinner, I don't think it will be.

The cuffs are not seamed, and improved, as well as the waistband material. The collar mouton is a nicely shaped brown color, and the fit is much better in my normal size 44 than the much snugger 42 I had. The infamous left-hand zipper-pull has thankfully been corrected to the right-hand side for U.S. jackets, and is a smooth-running triple-marked Talon repro. All-in-all, I am pleased with this one, and it's nice to have around when I want to wear a B-10 that I'm not concerned so much about messing-up like my Buzz ST. I can compensate for the thinner lining by layering a thin sweater or sweatshirt underneath if necessary. For the $$, the 2018 Bronson B-10 is hard to beat considering the other B-10 repros available in it's price range. I would call it the 'Carhartt' of B-10 repros.

Brettafett and B-Man2 like this.
  9. B-Man2

B-Man2 Well-Known Member

Techno
    The "Carhartt" of B-10 repros?
    Hell..... that would do it for me....
    Would you mind posting some measurements of that 44, in light of the fact that the Chinese repros have been running on the smaller side, I'd like to see what a 44 measures out to ……..Thanks

10. Technonut2112

The jacket is extremely well constructed IMO for a cotton jacket right down to the heavy-duty material used in the inside pocket, hence 'Carhartt'.. ;) It's exactly the same as my size 44 Buzz Superior Togs except the sleeves are 1/2" longer (but are only supposed to be 26")

Pit-Pit: 25"
    Shoulders: 20"
    Sleeves: 26.5"
    Length: 26"

EDIT: One thing that is more a 'niggle' than anything, but still bothers me somewhat, is the placement of the roundel transfer under the epaulet. On my old Bronson, it was well-placed directly under the epaulet...On my 2018 version, the roundel looks more or less OK at a glance, BUT it is certainly NOT well-placed in relation to the epaulet. I suppose just chalk it up as an 'authentic' feature, since I've seen a few which were not placed well in period pics.. Whenever this one fades, I'll more than likely use one of the nice wartime roundel patches I have in my collection to replace it..

Last edited: Nov 26, 2018
    B-Man2 likes this.
  11. B-Man2

B-Man2 Well-Known Member

Thanks

Technonut2112 likes this.
  12. Brettafett

Brettafett Well-Known Member

Great news... Mine should be with me by the end of the week. Holding thumbs!!!

13. D97x7

D97x7 Well-Known Member

Thought I'd try one of these, not too sure about it to be honest, but it'll certainly do for walking the dogs.
    ResizerImage1600X2033.jpg ResizerImage1473X2205.jpg

Boyo, Smithy, s4rmark and 6 others like this.
  14. Thomas Koehle

Thomas Koehle Well-Known Member

D97x7 likes this.
  15. B-Man2

B-Man2 Well-Known Member

It’s a keeper.
    Looks good!

D97x7 likes this.
  16. s4rmark

s4rmark Well-Known Member

Looks like a great jacket and fits you well. You’re too used to the heavyweight shearling jackets! But it’ll grow on you that B-10.

D97x7 likes this.
  17. Technonut2112

I still have the tags on my green 2018 Bronson 44... As I posted, IMO, it is very well-constructed. The cotton shell is similar at a glance to my Eastman & Buzz ST B-10's, but more 'heavy-duty', and not as fine of weave. The mouton is more of a 'short-fur' type, and the collar is cut well for a B-10 of this price IMO. It's also more of a brown color than my pic shows. The knits have a high wool-content, and are seamless. Place the Bronson and Buzz B-10's together for an average person to compare, and they just may choose the Bronson, since it may 'look' to have an edge in the durability department.. ;) I'll more than likely be posting this brand-new jacket in the classies soon for a killer $$ (U.S. sale only), so keep an eye open (or two) if interested..

DSCF0711 (2).jpg

Brettafett and B-Man2 like this.
  18. B-Man2

B-Man2 Well-Known Member

Very nice . Still looking for a b-15 from them.

19. D97x7

D97x7 Well-Known Member

It was the length that was concerning me, but having worn it most of yesterday I've got used to it now :)

20. s4rmark

s4rmark Well-Known Member

Length looks ok, any higher and it will be above your belt.

D97x7 likes this.