Bronson B-10

Discussion in 'Cloth' started by mrchina, Dec 20, 2016.

1. mrchina

mrchina Member

CBI, the Bronson B-10 I have is labeled a size 40 and I believe that is their medium. As compared to the BR RW I have also a 40, is a little bit more trim than the Bronson. I don't have other Bronson items. Also, you are right about the sizing of other clothing here in China. Much of the clothing I have bought here is either xl or xxl and I am about 5' 10" (and shrinking), weight is 165#;
    Don

2. mrchina

mrchina Member

FYI: There is a seller on Ebay that is selling B-10 and B-15 jackets. The seller is xinwater. Received an email from this person and told me the jackets are Bronson.
    Cheers,
    Don

ausreenactor likes this.
  3. Dr H

Dr H Well-Known Member

Hi Don,
    No, I was a little too late for this one despite mailing JC as soon as I saw the post about it on here.
    Having said that, I'm not a big fan of patched jackets, so a similar 'combat clone' with perhaps just a name tag will be sufficient for me. I have no B-10s at the moment (I've bought/sold a load of ELC B-10s and a couple of B-15s in the past), so a GW B-10 would be one that I'd hold on to.
    Regards
    Ian

4. mrchina

mrchina Member

Hello Ian,
    I am not a fan of patched jackets as well. I would have probably modified it. It was too big for me anyway.
    I do remember you had sold many B-10's and that is why I thought you had a "personal collection" of them. I do remember I was going to buy one of your B-10's some years ago and the sizing was a bit off for me. I would think you'll join the que for a GW B-10. I am waiting for a couple email replies from GW before i make a decision regarding the B-10.
    Regards,
    Don

5. heathom

heathom New Member

Hi all, I'm considering the Bronson B10 and a little confused with sizing . I'm 177cm (5' 9.5") and 81 kg (178b) and about a 41" chest . Which size should I be going for ? According to size chart a medium is for a 44 chest or do they mean 22 pit to pit on the actual jacket ?

6. Thomas Koehle

Thomas Koehle Well-Known Member

I‘m 1.90 mtrs with a weight of about 95 kg‘s and wear the XXL - i‘d Rather go not too small coz the chinese/ Japanese sizing is not comparable with Westerners sizing

In my „normal“ life i usually wear „L“ or „XL“ respectevly 44 in US sizes but not XXL

So I recommend you go at least 1 size higher then you usually wear

7. heathom

heathom New Member

Thanks Thomas , is that a snug fit on you or roomy ? Sounds as if I may be an XL ...

8. Thomas Koehle

Check this thread for some more pics ...

Think the fit is still Ok with some room for another sweater underneath

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 7, 2018
  9. colekwok

colekwok Active Member

My jacket has arrived, but I simply have no time to take pictures of it.

FYI, I am 1.8m (5'11"), 72kg (165ish lb) and I am wearing L (40).

Brettafett likes this.
  10. Peter Graham

Peter Graham Well-Known Member

Thomas Koehle likes this.
  11. Greg Gale

Greg Gale Well-Known Member

I see this comes in 2 colors: khaki and green. Which one is more accurate? Thomas, which one is that in your picture?

12. Brettafett

Brettafett Well-Known Member

Nice fit Thomas.

Thomas Koehle likes this.
  13. Smithy

Smithy Well-Known Member

The fit on Thomas' is absolutely perfect.

The B-10 for me is probably the most practical and easy to wear flight jacket. I love my ATF one and it gets a lot of wear -it's a damn shame that Rollin stopped making them.

Thomas Koehle and Flightengineer like this.
  14. Technonut2112

Technonut2112 Well-Known Member

I sold my Bronson B-10 awhile back. The fit was very good, but not much room beyond a tee-shirt or Henley. With it's 70% wool lining, the Bronson is a cut-above others with 100% acrylic / poly. Since purchasing a Buzz Rickson Superior Togs B-10 recently, I can say that the Bronson is a STEAL for the $$, and does compare well in construction to the Buzz (which it was patterned after). If I am fortunate enough to see a Bronson B-10 this fall in a 44 instead of a 42, I will not hesitate to pull the trigger.... ;)

EDIT: For folks who haven't owned a B-10 /B-15, be sure to take the lining into consideration when ordering. I thought the 24" pit-pit of the Bronson B-10 in a 42 would fit my 44" chest well with a bit of room, but it was tagged a 42 for a reason I found. The BR ST in a 44 has a 25" pit-pit (just as listed on HPA's site), and with the alpaca-blend lining, is just right for me, and can accommodate a light sweater underneath for layering..

Last edited: Jul 24, 2018
  15. Flightengineer

Flightengineer Well-Known Member

[QUOTE = "Technonut2112, post: 205004, участник: 5660"] Я снова продал свой Бронсон B-10. Подгонка была очень хорошей, но не слишком много за майкой или Хенли. С его 70% шерстяной подкладкой, Bronson является срезом над другими с 100% акрилом / поли. С недавнего времени покупая Buzz Rickson Superior Togs B-10, я могу сказать, что Бронсон - это STEAL за $$, и он хорошо сравнивается со строительством с Buzz (с которым он был сформирован по образцу). Если мне посчастливилось увидеть Бронсона B-10 этой осенью в 44 вместо 42, я не колеблясь вытащу курок ....;)

EDIT: For folks who haven't owned a B-10 /B-15, be sure to take the lining into consideration when ordering. I thought the 24" pit-pit of the Bronson B-10 in a 42 would fit my 44" chest well with a bit of room, but it was tagged a 42 for a reason I found. The BR ST in a 44 has a 25" pit-pit (just as listed on HPA's site), and with the alpaca-blend lining, is just right for me, and can accommodate a light sweater underneath for layering..[/QUOTE]

What is your chest size?

16. Technonut2112

Technonut2112 Well-Known Member

44" on the nose...

Last edited: Jul 24, 2018
    Flightengineer likes this.
  17. Thomas Koehle

That’s the OD one - the khaki comes with the red knittings

I’m 1.90 mtr, weight is about 96 kg’s and the jacket is a size 44 / XXL

18. Thomas Koehle

Greg,

since i got the B10 from "BOB DONG" (yeah again that funny name) id rather go with the "BOB D" rather than with the BRONSON - i started a thread comparing both products some times back ...

The "BOB D" is usuallyalso vailable upto 44 but even a bit more room in there than i the BRONSON -the "BOB D" has some flaws in Terms of autneticity compared to the BRONSon but Overall i like "THE DONG" more ...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

"THE DONG" is available in OD and in Khaki with rust-knits

19. Flightengineer

Flightengineer Well-Known Member

Thomas, your B-10 looks slightly faded on some pics and it made jacket looks like original that flew in cockpit.
    Does you washed this jacket and if yes - by hand or by mashine?

20. Thomas Koehle

Hi Dmitry,

washed by machine ... - see:

http://www.vintageleatherjackets.org/threads/b10-from-bob-dong.20455/page-2

veeeery gentle with max. 30 Degree celcius und no thumbling ...