• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bronson 37J1 - opinions wanted

raulm1961

Geebo one question: is the 37j1 a warm jacket?? Does it have any lining? I'm asking 'cause I'm thinking of buying one from Bronson at amazon. It is a very good looking jacket.

Geeboo

It just have a cotton lining. very thin jacket - not much keep warmth function.
In terms of keep warmth, treat it the same as M-51/M-65 field jacket - cotton drill outershell + cotton lining inside.

Last edited:

Thomas Koehle

I’d go with “The fighting 6” patch and will order one for my 37J1

The one I own already is used mainly for motorbiking here in Mexico in daytimes - like Geeboo already pointed out - the jacket ain’t really gives warm

dujardin

if i had such a jacket, i think i would choose a unit we often forget they exist ............

blimp squadron zp-11 aso aso aso ......
they are some nice example

Thomas Koehle

yep no 37J1 but also very early USN cloth jacket with squadron patch on the left chest and black leather tab for name and rank

5fwZ6XD.jpg

myuj3QF.jpg

ZasBJ5k.jpg

Thomas Koehle

very nice M421 & ANJ3 - original ? the white patch is very seductive

I pulled the pics off facebook as far as I remember with a note that those jackets are originals - no guarantee anyway

was just to show that indeed black leather patches where used but not only brown

raulm1961

Nice pictures Thomas. Thanks 'cause that did it for me. I just placed an order for a Bronson 37j1. My birthday is coming up in 2 weeks so... The only thing I regret is when my wife finds out. She's always saying I already have too many jackets. Que Dios me ayude.

B-Man2

Guys
Where are you ordering your jackets from?
I’ve been searching for a 37J1 in a 46 but every one I find equates to a size 42. Your help would be appreciated.
Thanks

raulm1961

Hi Bman. With me it was amazon. Just type 37j1 jacket and it should show up. They have 2 versions of the jacket: one with usn stenciled on it and rank leather patch. That one is only L 42/44 size. The other version has no patch or usn stenciled. For that one up to size XXL 44. Hope that helps.

Last edited:

CBI

I simply ha to stop looking at this forum. Had no idea these were available again on Amazon, totally forgot about my ochre Bronson purchases on there. Ordered a blue 37J1. They are now offering returns so I will give it a short. some of the sizing has been bit off in the past. an XL should work for me if the sizing is really correct.

what a deal, I have been really impressed with what I have purchased in the past.

LOVE the original M422!!!!!

Thomas Koehle

as far as I know those jackets are produced only up to a 44 chest size - which is marked as "XXL" in a shopping forum in China

so far available where the one with the USN stencil and leather patch and now is available a unmarked version which is prewashed

problem with the most china-manufacturers is they produce in batches and wait until the most of it is sold before the they start production again - large sizes are sold out pretty fast and if you miss the moment you have to wait for the next start of production

that`s the initial version which they produced first

cZ7ZPYM.jpg

urI1uQX.jpg

currently in production was this one:

0QlLq4u.jpg

3x4UfTq.jpg

EkOiI1K.jpg

MnfFKn6.jpg

D7nzcds.jpg

I already own the marked version (which is the one with the Donald Duck stencil on the back) and ordered the unmarked version via one of my pals in China

should receive it in 10 days

CBI

on Amazon they are showing the XXL as a 44 but the actual chest measurement listed for XXL is larger almost 24 inch pit to pit (if correct????? argh!!!!) so I will give it a shot knowing good chance its a return if really only 22 across

Geeboo

The jacket arrived today. This version does not have the grommet hole around the armpit - I have added them back.
I have tried my best on my sloppy hand job of the chenille patch. The use of flash makes the color look like lemon yellow, in fact it is mango yellow, almost the same as the original patch.
Grommet zipper - Talon style pull -
patch.jpg
is on its way. Will update once the whole project is finished.