• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Broken Talon zipper puller

stanier

Yesterday the puller on my repro Talon zipper on my ELC Star disintegrated. Thankfully it did it as I was unzipping in a bar and I was able to recover the piece.

I have no doubt I could return it to ELC and get it sorted but it occurs to me to fit an original triple marked puller onto the repro chain, so if anyone has a nice condition spare triple marked Talon puller they would be interested is selling please let me know. Shouldn’t be a big job should it? Pull off the stopper, slip the puller on and push the stopper back?

BTW, my experience is it isn’t just Crowns that can be fragile!;)

Garylafortuna

Stanier, that front piece on the Talon slider is certainly the zipper's Achilles heel. Same thing happened to one of my jackets. For a temporary fix try squeezing the perimeter a little with a needle nosed pliers, and then try snapping it back on. Probably not a long term solution, but it might hold until you secure a new slider. Hope this helps.
Gary

Last edited:

foster

That looks like an original puller to me. I would attempt the repair as noted two posts above ^^

seres

I had the exact same problem with mine, and repaired it as per Garylafortuna said above. Two years later, no problems.

stanier

Thanks for the helpful replies gents, much appreciated. I think I’ll give the temporary fix a go and then send it to ELC. Maybe I’ll drop it in at the pop up in November and save a bit on postage. I like 2BM2K’s idea but I can see me making a right ham fisted go of that sadly.

Ken at Aero Leather

Takes 30 dseconds to switch pullers
Gently open and remove top stopper on puller side of jacket with pliers
Slide up and remove the old stopper
Slip new one onto teeth from the top
Replace origonal stopper, squeeze it shut gently

No need to post your jacket anywhere, it'll take longer to find a pliers than it'll take to do the job