• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

BR Superior Aviation Togs Repro Pics Added!!! Pics Added!!!

ausreenactor

Gents...

Seldom seen. Just won. Came in under budget too. Granted not a totally true representation of the contract. Snap pockets & no
epps. But a pretty hard to come by repro. The only one I can find on offer has a patch stitched to it and they want almost $1500
for it at Junkys in Japan.

http://translate.google.com/translate?h ... soft:en-US

Here are the pics of MY new 42.

449x600-i10070009761740071.jpg

449x600-i10070009761740072.jpg

600x449-i10070009761740073.jpg

Appears to have a bit of grain, no knit issues. Just hope the shoulder is not coming apart. Has to be some sort of seam there though.
But I was not going to wait for the next one to pop up. If only it was lined with Chute material!! Now just have to get here asap..
Maybe a bit more 'babyshit' than russet, but could be an optical dillusion[sic]? Will have to wait.. I THINK Miles has one still??

Regards...

Couchy

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
Re: BR Superior Aviation Togs Repro

ausreenactor said:
Maybe a bit more 'babyshit' than russet ...

Yeah, that's about the colour, Couchy ... but it looks better with a little grain, and wear. Besides, you're going to be the only kid on the block.

Keep up the good work. ;)

Tim P

what a PEACH. That is the most distinctive A2 in the US inventory as far as I am concerned. quite a departure from the standard and all the better for it. Nice label too. all in all a total keeper.

Keep your eyes peeled for size 46 nylon for me BTW ;)

airfrogusmc

Its a beauty. Gene Hackman is wearing a jacket that looks a lot like that in Bonnie & Clyde. A-2 without epaulets.

ausreenactor

Sadly the jacket is still not here. Mr 17% shipped it with some Airsoft parts I asked that he remove. They
had the parcel til the 15th of Feb before issuing the angry gram. Emailed Customs on the 16th stating they
can destroy it, along with the email I sent asking they be removed before shipment. Today, after a hastener
call to Customs they were puzzled "oh, you want the other items"??? Yeah..hard to find leather jacket..and the
rest of my LS XM-177 kit please..

Morons..

Will have pics up right away..Super Jacket weather at present here in SE QLD.

Couchy

ausreenactor

Re: BR Superior Aviation Togs Repro It's Here!! It's Here!!!

It's here...and so is my three prong M16 Flash Hider..

Pics to follow...after a shower and tee change..

Couchy

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.

ausreenactor said:
Pics to follow...after a shower and tee change..

Good news, Couchy ...... hurry up then. :D

ausreenactor

Gents..

Very russet-y!!

DSC03973.jpg

DSC03971.jpg

DSC03970.jpg

DSC03969.jpg

DSC03968.jpg

DSC03972.jpg

DSC03966.jpg

DSC03967.jpg

Now the waist knit is very 'tall' when compared to an A-2. And the weave pattern/colour combo is not as
bold as in the pics. This style is like the styel of the old BR or RM A-1 Wool version.
The hide is awesome. LOTS of grain all over it. One sleeve panel appears to be the only smooth section.
Very thick compared to my BR RW Twin Label.
Absence of zip flap, eppaulettes, and pocket flap pattern add to the Civilian style of it. It looks a lot like
the civilian stuff on offer at the rear of the BR catalogue. The model number is a BR one, so I am thinking
it is not as long gone as I had fist assumed.

The liner and label might be better suited to a more contract focused version. Label is a ripper though!

This will be a good jacket to wear without any "comments". Not that any of mine get worn out. One jacket
that did get lots of praise was my ELC Hartmann. Everybody loved that 'in da club'.

Bit different and some might not be overly interested, but I am starting to gear my collection at the stuff money
can not buy. Long defunct repros that do not pop up often in Japan, let alone eBay.

Oh!! The shoulder seam is fine, I would say the jacket is as new. For what I got it for I would say it is a double-bargain.
Quarter price for shopfront condition.

Regards..

Couchy

Tim P

the pockets appear ever so ever so slightly angled. :?:

ausreenactor

Tim..

It does appear that way. The pocket base is at right angles to the zipper with the jacket laid flat. The pattern has the gap
widening as it moves closer to the zipper. Almost appears like an arch in the knit/waist seam too.. May be there for a rounder
protrusion in the waist area??

Good spot!!