• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

BR Rough Wear Art - Ties...

Dany McDonald

Love this!!! Looking forward for more images.

I've also being tempted to go for a Jacket art but still looking for an original to go from. Saw a really nice Jolly Roger A-2 on a Japanese site, will try to share with you once found in my history.

Are you going from an original or a tribute with a ''correct'' pattern/graphic?

Thank you for sharing, it's inspiring.

Dany

ausreenactor

Have not seen any jackets for 'The EAGER BEAVER'. Some patched ones for the 320th but mostly other Squadrons in the 90th Group. Until I ventured out to the military meets around Far North Queensland I did not realise just how much USAAF stuff is around up there.

jacket_jollyroger-722x1024.jpg
c65154de52d85155a3e670b20022ae18.jpg
0b339dec8ca044ad8122fa1f65f17e83.jpg
a1facb739b1d94d79dba682bf20510a3.jpg
160fa348bcdedf0507f23d1b81aacbc8--jolly-roger-bomber-jackets.jpg
b9db13ae1a65af24c189f2d1a91f37f4.jpg
d6d6415a467c30b6bedc041d6dd4de02--the-liberator-nose-art.jpg
jollyroger_4215 (1).jpg

ties70

Good start - always daunting putting paint on a jacket. Look forward to seeing how it comes out.

Here are my versions of the same patches.

Wait a second..."my versions"...you HAVE these patches or you MADE these patches? If you made them, then that is some absolutely awesome work...wow!

Ties

Yardstick

Wait a second..."my versions"...you HAVE these patches or you MADE these patches? If you made them, then that is some absolutely awesome work...wow!

Made by me - thanks for the nice comments.

I have about 400 patches now in total. I've done all the 90th BG patches, each of the 4 squadron patches and the appropriate squadron specific versions of the 'Jolly Roger' group patch. I'll get round to doing the early war version of the 320th BS sometime as well - that's an interesting design.

ties70

View attachment 49275

We're there. Ships next week.

Need 'annuva' project.

Couchy,

great job!

And this is sooo rewarding....nothing better than do this stuff yourself...starts with anxiety ("What if I screw this up and ruin a 3-digit value A-2?"), followed by scepticism ("So far it doesn't look like much, or does it?!"), then comes the euphoria ("Yes, it looks great...I am a master...I should make this for a living!") and leads to final stage of "last minute terror" ("Are my hands clean? Don't leave messy finger prints....be careful with those last outlines...!")....but then...you have accomplished something that turns out exactly like you wanted it!

So good! And so addictive...get yourself another fix, junkie!

Ties

ausreenactor

Couchy,

great job!

And this is sooo rewarding....nothing better than do this stuff yourself...starts with anxiety ("What if I screw this up and ruin a 3-digit value A-2?"), followed by scepticism ("So far it doesn't look like much, or does it?!"), then comes the euphoria ("Yes, it looks great...I am a master...I should make this for a living!") and leads to final stage of "last minute terror" ("Are my hands clean? Don't leave messy finger prints....be careful with those last outlines...!")....but then...you have accomplished something that turns out exactly like you wanted it!

So good! And so addictive...get yourself another fix, junkie!

Ties

If not for the duties and such this task was to be yours. The UK Perry fell into the lap and went with the opportunity.

There are plenty of jackets here saved for your work. Just so many choices.... Has to be a fighter themed commission next time.

Appreciate the understanding with regard to getting the 'fix'. I think we are all like that with our jackets...

Stay classy.