• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

BR Rough Wear Art - Ties...

ausreenactor

Have been contemplating the options for some jacket art, now that I know Ties is GTG for jackets...

Tied to the recent Mareeba Military Muster and the local themed stuff I stumbled on to one of the aircraft from the 321st Bomb Squadron, 90th Bomb Group. "The Eager Beaver"...

b24-the-eager-beaver-noseart.jpg

b24-nose-servicing.jpg

The 321st Squadron patch, and the Jollly Roger are options for the front left of the jacket.

320th Bomb.jpg

400bsaussjktptchlotwwiiobv.jpg

The colour of the Jolly Roger would be red for the 321st. This is for the 400th Bomb Squadron.

Or just a large 'Skull and Bombs' on the left chest with Jolly Roger underneath.

artrogers.jpg

COL Rogers is sporting a cracker of a moustache too, which has instantly endeared his achievements even further....

Any input from my learned peers greatly appreciated!

Couchy

Attachments

• tupa11.jpg
    tupa11.jpg
    130.6 KB · Views: 238

ties70

Trevor,

are you thinking about the name on the back and that's it or is the plane itself an option, too?

Regarding the group / squadron patches: I am pretty sure that I have seen a jacket with both patches combined, but for me that is always quite overloaded. If it was my jacket, I would opt for the 320th patch on the front and put the 90th design as a stabilizer on the back, together with the name...

Ties

ausreenactor

Evening/Morning!

For the back purely the name of the aircraft in a similar font/style. Some of the bombs and ships?
Very keen on hearing your opinion.

Yellow/Gold text with red/black highlight or shadow? Thinking just the Jolly Roger style patch on the front left chest? That's my thinking at this point.

Thanks for the input.

Couchy

ties70

Understood!

I would go for the exact font, maybe with slight modifications of the angles of the three words towards each other. Make it yellow and red...

...add a full row of bombs and stars in the lower third of the back panel of the jacket, start a new row above with just 2 or 3 bombs...

...three Zeros and the 3 ships below and you are good to go!

Ties

ausreenactor

Ties,

Could not attach pics on the PM message. This style of Skull/Bombs as the front art? No border, circle and just the white/off white Skull/Bombs?

Will post the jacket pics now..

Regards,

Couchy.

ausreenactor

Getting excited about this project.. Been bouncing around the intrawebby for more Eager Beaver stuff...

Great YouTube vid tied to the San Diego 1/4 scale replica of 'The Eager Beaver'..

ausreenactor

Have seen the Squadron patch on eBay as a repro and Simon Williams does a 90th Bomb Group patch just like this. Can't see any stitch holes. Thinking it is painted directly on the jacket, like the back art.

Anybody know who painted this one?

ausreenactor

Those patches would look great on a B-10! Or a Tanker...

There are many great artists on this forum alone who I would trust with the task. It was purely a matter of logistics and timing with this one. Intent was for a Platon Dubow to ship to Ties...

Then this A-2 fell into my lap, again... Too many pieces fell into place to not do it..