• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

BR / Bronson L-2 comparison

Officer Dibley

Already have 2 BR L-2a’s. One all blue, t’other with olive knits. Both superb jackets but pricey when new.
I ordered an L-2 from Bronson via ebay a week ago. Today it arrived.
First impressions are very good. Weighs the same as the BR - which suprised me.
Has good repro Talons. Knits are great. Nylon feels similar weave and heft/drape. Linings are supposed to be different so can’t compare but looks very much like a Buzz L-2.
Bronson is an XL. But fits like a BR 42”.
I will wear it with jeans as i think it looks better than the blue jackets. Both go with chinos.
So, for £105 with shipping, what’s my verdict ? Much like the old Weintraub (and Platon A-2’s) it is great value for money and not like the awful MA-1 repros - although more expensive than those for sure.
I’d recommend them.
Incidentally, great customer service. As soon as i ordered i got an email asking for height, weight etc to ensure i hadn’t ordered something that would not fit the chinese sizing. In fact i’d ordered an large and was told the xl would be better. Good call.

8B9245E9-7D11-44EC-AC0A-AFCF9A80FEB9.jpeg
6B3F1B69-5BC4-4950-BC04-B817273A8A07.jpeg
205BDE74-D09B-4C9C-A1DD-3AE2E3E3F253.jpeg
026E93C9-C61D-4720-A805-3401C537A218.jpeg

B-Man2

Dave
Bronson looks awesome but short in comparison to the Buzz . It that just the way it was laid out for the photo or are the measurements actually shorter. Also as Im a size 46 would you recommend the largest size Bronson for me? Lastly ... do they have a XXL?
Thanks for your input.
Cheers

Officer Dibley

Thanks Burt. It is shorter & smaller than your L-2a.
I’ll email you the ebay vendor and if you contact them, i’m sure they can advise you better than i.
Stand by for incoming !
Dave

CBI

I hav edene the same thing having side by side Bronson, BR nylon. Unless one is a fanatic, the Bronson's are great buys and IMO, no need to spend the extra $'s on higher end stuff. If one cna find a BR used for a great price, go for it. But NEW vs. NEW ......... Bronson might be the ticket Just IMO

MikeyB-17

I'd be interested in the EBay vendor myself, I'm eyeing up a B-10. When I looked at a size chart on ebay the sizes sounded a bit odd-48" chest for a 42??

CBI

I am ver happy with my Bronson B-10. Not THAT far off from the high end versions and for much less.

Agreed, I wish they offered a larger range of larger sizes.

MikeyB-17

Anybody ever get hit for customs charges buying stuff like this off Ebay? I’m very tempted by a B-11, but don’t want to get stung.

Officer Dibley

Anybody ever get hit for customs charges buying stuff like this off Ebay? I’m very tempted by a B-11, but don’t want to get stung.

I didn’t with the L-2 Mikey. Unlike the US where even if i pay the greedbay estimate, i still end up paying more when an item arrives. I’ve given up on items in the us from greedbay.
Dave