• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

BR / Bronson L-2 comparison

colekwok

Anybody ever get hit for customs charges buying stuff like this off Ebay? I’m very tempted by a B-11, but don’t want to get stung.

Yes, just paid quite a bit for some electronic stuffs that I ordered from Hong Kong. Could have got it here but they simply don't have any stock here. The chance of things being stopped by custom is very high these days, and I really hate that they are charging 8 quid for admin. There is no admin at all, what you do now is pay up online to release the item.

Rutger

Ebay is off limits for me nowadays for anything else but books. Used to be 90% chance not getting hit by customs, that's reversed now. Thank god I got 90% of my jackets when the whatsitcalled international shipping automated customs program from ebay didn't exist yet.

Officer Dibley

My hbt trousers turned up today. Very good quality. Love the contrasting thread
1C6ED673-968A-4C4C-AE2D-81C25C16CC76.jpeg
BB1C51BF-576A-4B9C-A6AA-43B82B6D4765.jpeg
E59F65B7-DDF3-407A-A2BF-91CC7E154442.jpeg

Officer Dibley

Hahaha. No-one but no-one gets a close up of my crotch or butt Burt :eek:
Ok, Maybe after they’ve had a wash... the trousers and not my crotch & butt !:D:p

What i will say is the cut is very much like 1955 Levi 501’s. The waistband is not high like 40’s issue hbt’s. That’s a good thing !

ties70

Guys,

I might need your help here...

Most of the Bronson orders seem to come via Ebay, so I was surprised to find a proper, full stock, english languaged page here:

Next surprise was the measurement table for the L-2, where the chest /single of a 42"/XL is listed as above 25"...could that be?

Doesn't really match with @Officer Dibley 's jacket...

If the website is correct, then a Bronson L-2 for lesse than 90 EUR is a steal!

Ties

Spitfireace

Ebay is off limits for me nowadays for anything else but books. Used to be 90% chance not getting hit by customs, that's reversed now. Thank god I got 90% of my jackets when the whatsitcalled international shipping automated customs program from ebay didn't exist yet.
Ebay is only if nothing else suffices. I got the Buzz off of Buyee Auctions. I think the prices are more reasonable.

A2 B3au

I’ve also bought a pair of hbt trousers . Should be with me in a few days. Toyshop might be a great value for money supplier....
I’ve used them and find them to be great , I’m gonna get me a blue one but would love to customise it with the mustard cuffs like your buzz which I love but cannot source them. Blue on blue is cool if I can’t find tho

ausreenactor

Australia doesn't have import duties on anything under AUD$1000. Unless you buy it off eBay then you pay...and pay handsomely too!