• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Boots / shoes to wear with your flight jacket s...

Dimitry M

scratch that I'm gona save for the ATF versions as the SM ones don't have the right stitch pattern nor do they have the rivets and the ATF ones do.

Chandler

i just looked some have black rivets and some don't same for original boots. Anyone know why?
I think if you read the ATF notes you'll find some original manufacture boots had rivets, some didn't. I think testing found the rivets didn't really add any strength.

As to black, I'm not sure. Less shiny?

Smithy

Shipping would hit you more than the ATF ones if you're in the States as I suppose you are, but I have the Mil-Tec Rough Outs coming from SoF which have good reviews.

I'll post a review with photos when they turn up. Saying that I'm a big fan of ATF gear and have a few bits and pieces from them and every single piece is excellent.

Dimitry M

Shipping would hit you more than the ATF ones if you're in the States as I suppose you are, but I have the Mil-Tec Rough Outs coming from SoF which have good reviews.

I'll post a review with photos when they turn up. Saying that I'm a big fan of ATF gear and have a few bits and pieces from them and every single piece is excellent.
shipping is the same but I'm gona save for a better quality and more accurate repro. In the long run its a better option plus the ATF has the right stamp on the tread that matches my orig 1944 pair. I'm not sure what size to get though as i could potentially grow. I'm currently a 9.5 with about 1/2 an inch of room from my big toe to the tip of the shoe I'm also a wide.

Chandler

shipping is the same but I'm gona save for a better quality and more accurate repro. In the long run its a better option plus the ATF has the right stamp on the tread that matches my orig 1944 pair. I'm not sure what size to get though as i could potentially grow. I'm currently a 9.5 with about 1/2 an inch of room from my big toe to the tip of the shoe I'm also a wide.
How old are you? I hit 10.5 (U.S.) in high school and haven't changed in many decades -- even with weight fluctuations.

OTOH -- shoe sizing is all over the place. I have a current manufacture pair of Corcoran jump boots at 10.5 that fit fine. My ATF roughouts are 11, but they're the manufactured series when they didn't have half sizes. And I have a pair of Redwing Iron Rangers at 10.5 that really ought to be labeled 11 -- maybe even 11.5.

Buying shoes online is a true crapshoot.

Dimitry M

How old are you? I hit 10.5 (U.S.) in high school and haven't changed in many decades -- even with weight fluctuations.

OTOH -- shoe sizing is all over the place. I have a current manufacture pair of Corcoran jump boots at 10.5 that fit fine. My ATF roughouts are 11, but they're the manufactured series when they didn't have half sizes. And I have a pair of Redwing Iron Rangers at 10.5 that really ought to be labeled 11 -- maybe even 11.5.

Buying shoes online is a true crapshoot.

Chandler

I can't pinpoint when my feet stopped growing, but it was probably 17 or 18. I know I had a pair of 10.5 Adidas SL-72s as a senior in HS -- that was between ages 17 & 18. Pretty sure my winter boots were a 10.5 in those years, too.

Jacket size is another question! ;)

How about family? Can they recall when their feet stopped growing?

Dimitry M

I can't pinpoint when my feet stopped growing, but it was probably 17 or 18. I know I had a pair of 10.5 Adidas SL-72s as a senior in HS -- that was between ages 17 & 18. Pretty sure my winter boots were a 10.5 in those years, too.

Jacket size is another question! ;)

How about family? Can they recall when their feet stopped growing?
well in all reality family wise i have no idea I'm an adopted bastard tbh. born in Russia birth dad ran away and adopted at age 1. So I got no damn clue lol

Chandler

My ATF roughouts are 11, but they're the manufactured series when they didn't have half sizes.
Update: my roughouts are 10s, but they have plenty of toe room for a 10.5 foot.

I must have followed the ATF sizing suggestions at the time to get the 10s.

Thomas Koehle

Those SM Wholesale Cavalry Boots just came in ...

I usually wear size 11 but ordered 11.5 just to be on the safe side and they fit perfect - so if anyone decides to order them also i'd size up .5 numbers

i ordered them coz i'm after that "vintage style" look when riding my 48 Panhead. Ordered also some breeches from "WPG" and waiting for them

That's the look i want to achieve - pics are ripped off the net

noWPocD.jpg

MWUwCjy.jpg

6UtT8uF.jpg

These are the actual boots

xLVgfyp.jpg

ulnv4xi.jpg

UGnxAeu.jpg

Craftmanship looks OK on them even though i thought the leather could be a thad thicker
Will send some fitpics as soon as the breeches come in

ausreenactor

Those SM Wholesale Cavalry Boots just came in ...

I usually wear size 11 but ordered 11.5 just to be on the safe side and they fit perfect - so if anyone decides to order them also i'd size up .5 numbers

i ordered them coz i'm after that "vintage style" look when riding my 48 Panhead. Ordered also some breeches from "WPG" and waiting for them

That's the look i want to achieve - pics are ripped off the net

noWPocD.jpg

MWUwCjy.jpg

6UtT8uF.jpg

These are the actual boots

xLVgfyp.jpg

ulnv4xi.jpg

UGnxAeu.jpg

Craftmanship looks OK on them even though i thought the leather could be a thad thicker
Will send some fitpics as soon as the breeches come in

They are stunning! Could not bring myself to scuff that sole.....