• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Boots / shoes to wear with your flight jacket s...

PADDY_M

Now , where to find some period correct laces ?? anyone point me in the right direction ???

Froggywentcourting has got original 1940s English brown boot laces. About £3 GBP a pair and in original wrappings. Paddy.

PADDY_M

Another shot of my RedWing Gentleman Traveller's. 10 years old at least.
20190330_173457.jpg

Stony

Hi Stony. If that was to me (regarding the laces) then no. I'll take a photo if that helps but he's got a website.

Thanks, I didn't think they were plastic tipped, but I couldn't tell for sure.

The British made U.S. Army marching boots I posted pictures of had metal tipped laces when I got them, but since one lace was shorter and missing its tip, I got some NOS laces for them. I asked about yours as I'm looking for some with metal tips.

Here is a picture of the original tips. As you can see, the metal tips are crimped onto the ends of the laces.

full

Last edited:

MikeyB-17

There’s been a pair like that for sale in a vintage shop close to me for months. Beautiful boots, but they’re a size 15!

tjoenn

My boots are shined and ready for next winter.

IMG_0150.jpg

Wore the crap out of these as they are so convenient without laces. Cannot tell, though, they seem indestructible, toughest leather I've ever seen. Was thinking today that I may never have to buy another pair of boots again as they all seem to last a lifetime.

IMG_0154.jpg

B-Man2

My boots are shined and ready for next winter.

View attachment 18093

Wore the crap out of these as they are so convenient without laces. Cannot tell, though, they seem indestructible, toughest leather I've ever seen. Was thinking today that I may never have to buy another pair of boots again as they all seem to last a lifetime.

View attachment 18094
Great Job!!
I’m sending all of my boots to you in Norway whenever they need loving care !!;)

tjoenn

Tjoenn, we have it on high authority that you are leading us on. You never actually wear these boots, but you take them out of the closet once or twice a week to buff them up.
Gary, how did you know??? But seriously, nice and warm today so I'm wearing converse to the office... leather converse, but still embarrasing :p