• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Boots / shoes to wear with your flight jacket s...

Smithy

They're great boots Mrchina. I wouldn't hesitate to buy another pair when the time comes. I had my old cobbler back in Melbourne put a thin Topy sole over the leather sole to prolong the wear.

They're good looking too, I've had a lot of compliments with them and they're a little more subtle than standard cowboy boots. Plus for the price you just can't go wrong.

ties70

Boots for today:

Thorogood Horsehide Roofers...with subversive-coloured socks, chosen by my 6 year old.

thorogood.jpg

Persimmon

Boots for today:

Thorogood Horsehide Roofers...with subversive-coloured socks, chosen by my 6 year old.

thorogood.jpg

Very Good looking boots ( and flamboyant socks as well but ...
Yes yes yes. Another Photoshop scam
How do I know Ties you’re feet are in them !!

ties70

Alan,

feeling a little bit sceptic today?

Take this!

boots_face.jpg

And no, it is not my twin brother: I need different glasses for driving and computer work.

Best regards,

Ties

Smithy

Boots for today:

thorogood.jpg

My daughter and son do the same thing Ties, and my daughter also has a tendency to insist on painting Dad's toenails, luckily for the general public they're safely hidden by socks (flamboyant or otherwise) :)

Thomas Koehle

recently acquired special RED WING model produced for the US motorcycle company INDIAN only

I was after a pair of these for quiet some time and had them on my EBAY watch-list for more than a year - by accident I stumbled over them at a INDIAN dealer nearby my home in Germany when I was checking for their bikes

boot is basically a iron-ranger with higher shaft

I love `em

ctVTLic.jpg

LfQZFpc.jpg

r7qx3XJ.jpg

zoomer

Blundstone 500 series are my go-tos during leather weather. Usually the 500 in stout brown, but the 510 in black get their share of outings (altho I have outgrown most of my black leather :/ ).

When it's not too damp I have my leather soled Frye Keiths as well.

Last edited:

Grant

Wow, those boondockers are in amazing condition! That's so cool you can still make out the maker and date stamp. Nothin like a pair of originals.

Teddy

My well worn 1951 Korean War era combat boots see a lot of wear in cooler months. Vintage dealers and RRL list them as WWII era and mark them up like crazy. I picked these up at a flea market for $50.

View attachment 7667
Grant, those look like Cocoran's jump boots worn by paratroopers in WW2. Is there any difference?

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk

Grant

Hey nkang,
my boots are technically known as: M1948 Boots, Service, Combat, Russet. WWII paratrooper boots had 12 vs 11 eyelets and a beveled heel to keep parachute straps from getting caught on the heels. Here's a pic of a pair of WWII issue jump boots (not mine). A lot of vintage dealers sell the M1948 as original WWII jump boots. They either don't know the difference or mark them up thinking most buyers won't know the difference. I used to own a pair of WWII jump boots but cashed in after the Band of Brothers craze. They became too valuable to wear!

boots.png

Last edited:

33-1729

I wasn’t planning to get these, but made with reverse suede, Goodyear welt, and Commando sole they have been just as resilient and tough as any boots I’ve owned. And who doesn’t like blue suede shoes?

Alden_D3603C.jpg

Sadly, only one pair left at Unionmade in SFO (size 10.5, but they run a bit large).

Last edited: