• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Boots / shoes to wear with your flight jacket s...

Steve27752

Are these the Mil-Tec Sturm, Combat Serviceable or the unbranded old stock they are currently selling, look good anyway.
There is no branding on them. But, today I received a pair of U.S. Army low quarter boots from Epic Militaria that have an identical size label in them and they are Sturm.

Last edited:

Steve27752

New Sturm Low Quarter boots curtesy of Epic Militaria delivered today. Not yet polished or tampered with;-)
IMG_2232.JPG
IMG_2233.JPG

Pilot

Would love to wear these...but constant scanning security checks...a no go for my litle person..but again great boots...Wow!

ties70

And you dare to call my White's boots "feminine"?!?

Who is your supplier? The Bee Gees? Tony Manero?

Just kidding!

At least partly...maybe..

Take care,

Ties

stanier

After years(!) of having to wear a suit,shirt and tie to work I started a new job a couple of months ago in the fashion industry and now flight jackets, vintage denim and boots are something I can wear every day!

So, I recently got a pair of Red Wing Iron Ranger hawthorn “rough outs” to supplement my usual collection. I’m wondering if anyone has any tips to care for the rough out finish. I’ve not had rough outs before some days I think I made the right choice, and some days not.

Steve27752

After years(!) of having to wear a suit,shirt and tie to work I started a new job a couple of months ago in the fashion industry and now flight jackets, vintage denim and boots are something I can wear every day!

So, I recently got a pair of Red Wing Iron Ranger hawthorn “rough outs” to supplement my usual collection. I’m wondering if anyone has any tips to care for the rough out finish. I’ve not had rough outs before some days I think I made the right choice, and some days not.
Post a pic or two. For my Roughouts I just use old fashioned Dubbin as was done back in the day.

Thomas Koehle

Actually except some cleaning once in a while with a soft brush and warm (but NOT hot) water I do not care that much about them

Steve27752

What a difference a day makes?
A two hour dog walk nail polish remover, cotton wool balls, mid brown and then dark brown polish.
Remove lacquer and shine using nail varnish remover with cotton wool balls. Wash boots under running water, one polish with mid brown and one polish with dark brown.
IMG_2232.JPG
IMG_2235.JPG
IMG_2234.JPG

This is the colour that I wanted.

Last edited:

stanier

What a difference a day makes?
A two hour dog walk nail polish remover, cotton wool balls, mid brown and then dark brown polish.
Remove lacquer and shine using nail varnish remover with cotton wool balls. Wash boots under running water, one polish with mid brown and one polish with dark brown.
View attachment 9405 View attachment 9406 View attachment 9407
This is the colour that I wanted.

Nice boots and lovely work Steve. Have you got a link please for the source? I wonder if waxed laces can be had from anywhere?

I’ve got a pair of Buzz Rickson service shoes BNIB that I can’t bring myself to wear!