• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Boots / shoes to wear with your flight jacket s...

JonnyCrow

MVIMG_20230131_110433.jpg

JonnyCrow

There are a few great options to choose from when it comes to finding the right boots to complete your look. If you're looking for something stylish yet timeless, try leather ankle boots with a heel, or classic Chelsea boots. For a more modern look, consider combat boots or fashion sneakers. Regardless of what you choose, make sure they are comfortable and fit well with your leather bomber jacket.
Chelsea jodhpur boots were fashionable in the sixties and still fashionable now, timeless, I personally like them Stella

P-47 thunderbolt

Trenton & Heath take apart a pair of ATF service shoes.

No telling what vintage the boots are -- there's a minor attempt to research ATF, but they obviously haven't followed ATF over the years. Owner claims these were made in Mexico, but I don't remember ATF ever sourcing through there.
I'm looking into buying a pair of At The Front boots, can anyone tell me whether they run large or true to size. Also how does the finish hold up?

Chandler

I'm looking into buying a pair of At The Front boots, can anyone tell me whether they run large or true to size. Also how does the finish hold up?
I can't answer the questions on the newest run boots, but I can tell you to double-check stock because they've sent out emails saying sizes are sold out... and they haven't found a new contractor yet.

Chandler

Okay thanks, shame it doesn't say on their website which sizes are I stock, I was getting excited!
I think you have to use the drop down menu.

*Yeah -- if you look at their own jump boots & the Corcorans they have compared to the service shoes, you can see the different available sizes. And there are no rough-out service shoes, boon-dockers, or double buckles available at all.

Looks like a lot of sizes of service shoes.

Last edited:

Smithy

Okay thanks, shame it doesn't say on their website which sizes are I stock, I was getting excited!

If you're after a pair of Service Shoes I can completely recommend those made by Sturm Mil-Tec and available from Solider of Fortune. Just terrific boots. Here's mine 5 minutes ago after coming in from walking in the snow. Their roughouts are brilliant too.

Yj1h1OZ.jpg

Smithy

If you're after a pair of Service Shoes I can completely recommend those made by Sturm Mil-Tec and available from Solider of Fortune. Just terrific boots. Here's mine 5 minutes ago after coming in from walking in the snow. Their roughouts are brilliant too.

Yj1h1OZ.jpg

This photo that I posted pissed me off as my phone did a crap job of capturing the colour of these boots now using the phone's flash.

Here's what they actually look like under normal lighting conditions...

wGJrOMO.jpg

Micawber

I get that too. She says it’s bad luck. Got a pretty good idea who came up with that old wives tale ;)

My mother would bring wrath upon anyone placing shoes or boots on a table especially if they were new, she would always say bad luck would befall anyone who broke the unwritten law. There is a logic to some old wives tales though, placing used footwear on a surface used for other purposes and potentially food prep or meals is probably best avoided.

Pa12

My mother would bring wrath upon anyone placing shoes or boots on a table especially if they were new, she would always say bad luck would befall anyone who broke the unwritten law. There is a logic to some old wives tales though, placing used footwear on a surface used for other purposes and potentially food prep or meals is probably best avoided.
My mum knew them all. Born in Leicester. She also read cards. Said she couldn’t explain it but picked it from her mother.

FlakMagnet

Yj1h1OZ.jpg

here's my pair of mil-tec Service Shoes from 2021. No boots or jackets in the Antipodes as it's been so bloody hot lately.

Smithy

This photo that I posted pissed me off as my phone did a crap job of capturing the colour of these boots now using the phone's flash.

Here's what they actually look like under normal lighting conditions...

wGJrOMO.jpg

I had two PMs about my service shoes after I posted this pic yesterday, and how I got them to look this way. So I thought I'd post it here if it was helpful for others. They are a lot different now from how I bought them.

Not difficult but it takes some effort. The colour I developed on my boots was purely through polishes, mostly a combination of dark brown, burgundy, and light tan. And lots and lots of polishing.

HTH to those who asked!

JonnyCrow

I had two PMs about my service shoes after I posted this pic yesterday, and how I got them to look this way. So I thought I'd post it here if it was helpful for others. They are a lot different now from how I bought them.

Not difficult but it takes some effort. The colour I developed on my boots was purely through polishes, mostly a combination of dark brown, burgundy, and light tan. And lots and lots of polishing.

HTH to those who asked!
A whole lot of bulling haha