• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Boots / shoes to wear with your flight jacket s...

Grant

I've posted these before, but here's my old Iron Ranger 8083 muleskinners after a resole back in Red Wing, MN. They've also been dubbed a couple times so are darker than when new.

RW1.jpg
RW2.jpg
RW3.jpg

P-47 thunderbolt

You should take better care of your shoes :)
Looks like the dog chew on them....
But you are right, they are (almost) undestructable.
Pretty sure they're factory seconds as the tongue on that boot is thin and ragged, i picked them up cheap, these are my work boots, about 4 years old now. I have my amber harness ones and a pair of munson rangers for nice.

Chandler

Check the stitching . Sometimes if that’s a bit wonky, they get put into the seconds bin .
I've heard that, and possibly a bad fit to a toe cap, but I haven't seen anything overtly out of line.

Probably just don't know what to look for. Besides, it wouldn't make a difference now.

B-Man2

I've heard that, and possibly a bad fit to a toe cap, but I haven't seen anything overtly out of line.

Probably just don't know what to look for. Besides, it wouldn't make a difference now.
I’ve had a pair of seconds for a while now and there’s no noticeable difference in looks or performance.

Cyril

have not owned/ worn these, but they are interesting (and much cheaper than Iron Rangers). Does any of you have them and could give a review?
It's RED WING Model "Supersole 2233", a work shoe that apparently has also been worn by USN (USAF?) pilots. I read that they are no longer accepted by USN/USAF due to petroleum-based soles that seem to catch fire quite fast and therefore should not be in a cockpit...
178191_10151102188142447_915174132_o.jpg

Bildschirmfoto 2022-12-03 um 20.43.52.png
Bildschirmfoto 2022-12-03 um 20.44.16.png
Bildschirmfoto 2022-12-03 um 20.54.28.png

Wholenineyards

have not owned/ worn these, but they are interesting (and much cheaper than Iron Rangers). Does any of you have them and could give a review?
It's RED WING Model "Supersole 2233", a work shoe that apparently has also been worn by USN (USAF?) pilots. I read that they are no longer accepted by USN/USAF due to petroleum-based soles that seem to catch fire quite fast and therefore should not be in a cockpit...
View attachment 87671

View attachment 87673View attachment 87675View attachment 87677
Check out the comments also. Attached are NAVAIR approved flight deck boots, worn by officers and khakis with a naval aviation designator.
20221203_223441.jpg

Cyril

Check out the comments also. Attached are NAVAIR approved flight deck boots, worn by officers and khakis with a naval aviation designator.View attachment 87689
Yes, i saw the video before posting the pics. Totally understandable that pilots should not wear them. I just thought they look good and i would not be too much at risk as a civilian ;)

Chandler

Trenton & Heath take apart a pair of ATF service shoes.

No telling what vintage the boots are -- there's a minor attempt to research ATF, but they obviously haven't followed ATF over the years. Owner claims these were made in Mexico, but I don't remember ATF ever sourcing through there.

Chandler

On closer inspection on my desktop screen, the heels of these boots look identical to those on my earlier (6 years old?*) ATF rough-out service shoes -- made in China.

The newer, made in USA, service shoes have a Goodyear logo on the heels.

*8 years.