• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Boots / shoes to wear with your flight jacket s...

CombatWombat

And my other favourite shoes to wear are Baxter officer's lace up dress boots....they are alot like the William Lennon B4 but in black polishable leather without the toe cap.... have leather soles which I've added a thin rubber sole with "Blakeies and horseshoes".

Micawber

And my other favourite shoes to wear are Baxter officer's lace up dress boots....they are alot like the William Lennon B4 but in black polishable leather without the toe cap.... have leather soles which I've added a thin rubber sole with "Blakeies and horseshoes".
William Lennon Boots don't get a lot of mention here but I can vouch from personal experience that they are good, solid footwear.

CombatWombat

William Lennon Boots don't get a lot of mention here but I can vouch from personal experience that they are good, solid footwear.
I have two pairs of them but since the Brexit fiasco I've been trying to avoid purchases in GBP since the exchange rate has gone all over the place

Harris_HTM

Having owned three pairs of William Lennons I can also vouch for them. Pretty indestructible.
I will not buy from them in the recent future, unfortunately, as the Brexit made UK products far more expensive in the EU.
Aero released yesterday a new pair of boots that I would bet is made by WL:

CombatWombat

Having owned three pairs of William Lennons I can also vouch for them. Pretty indestructible.
I will not buy from them in the recent future, unfortunately, as the Brexit made UK products far more expensive in the EU.
Aero released yesterday a new pair of boots that I would bet is made by WL:
I understand your situation.... eventhough I'm in Australia Brexit has affected the exchange rates even here

Harris_HTM

I understand your situation.... eventhough I'm in Australia Brexit has affected the exchange rates even here
Not only exchange rate. We now have to pay VAT + Duty + Handling costs (DHL charges 17 euros for handling costs alone...), and sometimes on top of the full price, as some shops (only a few luckily) do not subtract the British VAT.

CombatWombat

Not only exchange rate. We now have to pay VAT + Duty + Handling costs (DHL charges 17 euros for handling costs alone...), and sometimes on top of the full price, as some shops (only a few luckily) do not subtract the British VAT.
What kills me is that alot of UK sellers hit me with VAT and Australian Customs then wack GST at me as well..... Couchy would have had similar experiences I'm sure

Pa12

Same here in Canada. Although I don’t remember paying the vat. If I order something from the states that’s say 500 us, it will be close to 1000 Canadian by the time I have it.

Pa12

Even though our dollar shows about 80 cents, we don’t get that. Credit card, PayPal etc set their own rates. Then we pay hst (harmonized sales tax) 13 percent, plus duty. So much for free trade.

B-Man2

That’s just crazy ….. with fees like that, it just about prevents you from buying anything manufactured outside of your borders.

Pa12

I only do if I have to but that’s quite often. Interestingly I get all my Land Rover parts from England. It’s actually cheaper then getting stuff from rovers north in Connecticut. Even big stuff. Had the entire canvas roof, hoops etc shipped from England.

CombatWombat

I have family over in Ontario....who have a post office box in Buffalo NY....to avoid the stupidity of exchange rates and the "bump up" of HST....
Personally I miss the era of no GST in Australia on international fleaBay goods

Pa12

I think aus is much like here. Know a bunch of guys who moved there a few years back. There was a big shortage of aircraft mechanics. I looked into it myself but there was no real gain. My folks were still alive then and it just wasn’t worth leaving everything behind. The only real advantage was the weather. But with the weather comes more bity, stingy, eaty things

CombatWombat

I think aus is much like here. Know a bunch of guys who moved there a few years back. There was a big shortage of aircraft mechanics. I looked into it myself but there was no real gain. My folks were still alive then and it just wasn’t worth leaving everything behind. The only real advantage was the weather. But with the weather comes more bity, stingy, eaty things
I was looking into moving over to Canada for the weather after I was cashier's from the ADF but my wife wasn't too sure about leaving her family behind so I know what you mean

Pa12

You wanted to move here for the weather? Your missis saved you from a lot of misery.

Pa12

Usually these timberland or my boulet engineer boots. I’m too lazy for laces.
12B85709-8C35-4479-BCF8-261E909B0600.jpeg
12B85709-8C35-4479-BCF8-261E909B0600.jpeg
28B89EC8-63F9-42B6-B4D9-3436C9955151.jpeg

Attachments

• A61E25E6-E82C-486F-93E5-413DCE67EE7B.jpeg
    A61E25E6-E82C-486F-93E5-413DCE67EE7B.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 101
  • 5D38871D-3616-4B77-9459-FDE67F6258C9.jpeg
    5D38871D-3616-4B77-9459-FDE67F6258C9.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 98

RumRunner

Anyone familiar with Jim Green boots? Apparently they only recently started shipping to the US, but available in other countries for a while. Look pretty good and price seems fair.