• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Boots / shoes to wear with your flight jacket s...

P-47 thunderbolt

There were several contracting companies who made jump boots during WWII . Two of them were the Corcoran boot company, and The Endicott Johnson boot company . Because Corcoran had one of the larger contracts, all of the boots became known as Corcorans .
I tried to find how many companies actually produced jump boots but so far nothing .
I was kinda meaning who produced the repros back in 2004, the corcoran name is currently under the Carolina boot company isnt it?
I would like to know when the corcoran label changed, I have seen older brown repros with the red corcoran label like my black ones have but they don't crop up on ebay very often, especially not in the UK
If anyone knows how to date post war Corcorans please let me know
Mine also have the 'C' on the heel, when did this stop becoming a feature? I'm guessing it coincided with the label change

Last edited:

Thomas Koehle

I was kinda meaning who produced the repros back in 2004, the corcoran name is currently under the Carolina boot company isnt it?
I would like to know when the corcoran label changed, I have seen older brown repros with the red corcoran label like my black ones have but they don't crop up on ebay very often, especially not in the UK
Mine also have the 'C' on the heel, when did this stop becoming a feature? I'm guessing it coincided with the label change

Mines do also show that "C" on the heels - insole looks pretty crappy - i will try to snap some pics. They came in the same box that Burt showed on one of his pics with a set of leather laces as well as with the standard laces

Thomas Koehle

You looked cool, Thomas :cool:

Thanks buddy! I've been to Normandy a couple of times meanwhile and was always a blast to hang around with those crazy people collecting tanks 'n stuff.

Was also interesting to meet veterans - 20 years back it was still possible to run into some of them but meanwhile most of them passed away. Well that's the fate of everyone of us ...

Don't mind the clock ...

ItqvCxi.jpg

Adama36

I got myself a pair of new corcoran jumpboots recently and to my surprise I found them actually very comfortable.
Did not like the glossy finish of these boots though and "weathered" them a little. Will try to post pictures later

Maybe the ATF ones are stiffer than the corcorans

I bought my corcorans new a few month ago. Unfortunately, these boots had a weird plastic gloss/shine to it and a pinkish (russet?) color that I did not like.
Therefore , I went through the trouble of re-dyeing them in a darker color.
As mentioned earlier , these boots are very comfortable and I use them regularly for yard work and hikes

1644590306428.png
1644590315022.png

1644590324707.png
1644590339880.png

B-Man2

Hi P-47
While researching the JF Corcoran Boot Company , I found this :It has a little more information about the lineage of Corcoran boots

Chandler

I bought my corcorans new a few month ago. Unfortunately, these boots had a weird plastic gloss/shine to it and a pinkish (russet?) color that I did not like.
Therefore , I went through the trouble of re-dyeing them in a darker color.
As mentioned earlier , these boots are very comfortable and I use them regularly for yard work and hikes
View attachment 74541View attachment 74542
Man, those are looking outstanding! Mine look brand-new in comparison.

Maybe I can send mine to you for some break-in time? ;)

Shropshire-lad

Does anyone know of a QUALITY manufacturer of M43 Buckle boots at a sensible price? Have tried a couple and the stitch quality is pants. Have got a pair of nos french ranger boots but they’re very hard and tight…. My own fault for buying desperate and settling for a small size in the hope of stretching them! Second pair are re-enactor type at £100…. Via ebay, and what arrived did not match the photo….. and I cannot be arsed to a: complain and b: send them back. Serves me right in the end.
Soooo - any ideas?
cheers
Jim

B-Man2

Does anyone know of a QUALITY manufacturer of M43 Buckle boots at a sensible price? Have tried a couple and the stitch quality is pants. Have got a pair of nos french ranger boots but they’re very hard and tight…. My own fault for buying desperate and settling for a small size in the hope of stretching them! Second pair are re-enactor type at £100…. Via ebay, and what arrived did not match the photo….. and I cannot be arsed to a: complain and b: send them back. Serves me right in the end.
Soooo - any ideas?
cheers
Jim
Jim
At the Front used to have quality repro M-43 boots but they are no longer listed on their web site . S&M Wholesale also have good quality 43s but their customer service leaves a little to be desired sometimes . Soldier of Fortune in the UK has good quality boots as some here have advised after purchasing their service boots , so you might check them out .

P-47 thunderbolt

Just picked up these, anyone know anything about them, they appear to be very solid corcoran copies. French writing on the insole? The leather seems vintage. the only stamp appears to say 'styled in USA' other tags have been removed and someone had glued a fury lining in at somepoint. If it wasnt for the sole they could easily pass as ww2
20220306_133250.jpg
20220306_133056.jpg
20220306_133235.jpg
20220306_132717.jpg
20220306_133202.jpg
20220306_134410.jpg
20220306_134331.jpg

Chris 55

Well I thought I'd give the Wested Indy Adventure boot's a go.
The fit is good for me being size 10uk and wide feet.
They say there a Goodyear welt but the sole stitching doesn't match the welt stitching for size and spacing.
Still in the break-in period.
IMG_20220329_180559.jpg

CombatWombat

Got some interesting boots yesterday... They are fur lined and are extremely well built with thick leather and even double buckles up top...
Although the previous owner says they were US issued and come from the USA, I think they are from a European Army,.... Our own Austrian Army Feldschuh Schwer looks a lot like these new boots, although they do not have the double buckles... Maybe someone has more info about these?

View attachment 74124View attachment 74125View attachment 74126
Those my good friend are Austrian airforce boots....I have the summer version (the winter ones are wool lined)

CombatWombat

My "go to" boots are basically a black version of Munson last Service Shoes....made by a Australian company that's been out of the shoe making game years before I was born.
They are incredibly comfortable for my foot shape with the addition of Dr Scholl's insoles

Griffon_301

Those my good friend are Austrian airforce boots....I have the summer version (the winter ones are wool lined)

I know that our AirFarce (pun intended) did or does have fur lined boots, but I thought that they were not of a double buckle variety...

As said, our Feldschuh Schwer looks a bit like these boots, but there are also several versions of them floating around at army units...

CombatWombat

I know that our AirFarce (pun intended) did or does have fur lined boots, but I thought that they were not of a double buckle variety...

As said, our Feldschuh Schwer looks a bit like these boots, but there are also several versions of them floating around at army units...
I bought mine as "Austrian Airforce summer boots" off a milsurp website so they might have "misinterpreted" the German language.....I mean they are Finnish after all lol

CombatWombat

And I must apologise....the fur lined boots WEREN'T double buckled...there were quuadrouple buckled of all things lol......
5354761e969e07c057.jpg