Boots / shoes to wear with your flight jacket s...

FlakMagnet

ATF N-1 boots today. Incredibly easy and comfortable to wear
262856689_620770245715677_5855431990972982752_n.jpg

260017244_208328861473592_1396697323303283049_n.jpg
262212141_644336556601113_1679435932251272877_n.jpg

ausreenactor

My ATF Boondockers got a run tonight. Worn in to the point where I don't have to pull half the laces out to get them off! Good times.

Chandler

Daft question Grant but is this just polish on top of the oily leather? Been thinking about doing it myself but don’t want to wreck my Rangers.
What leather are your Iron Rangers?

If they're a "Rough & Tough" hide, that's RW's nubuck leather and polishing them probably isn't a good idea.

Then again, I have to imagine it's pretty difficult to "wreck" a pair of Iron Rangers. ;)

Flash Badger

What leather are your Iron Rangers?

If they're a "Rough & Tough" hide, that's RW's nubuck leather and polishing them probably isn't a good idea.

Then again, I have to imagine it's pretty difficult to "wreck" a pair of Iron Rangers. ;)
It is the oil finish rangers Chandler. I’ve only ever oiled them but often thought about putting a bit of Kiwi on them for a bit of shine.

Chandler

It is the oil finish rangers Chandler. I’ve only ever oiled them but often thought about putting a bit of Kiwi on them for a bit of shine.
You could probably get away with a light coat, but as Burt points out the oil in the leather might repel the polish -- probably help attract a lot of dirt, too.

FWIW -- Red Wing has great info and videos on care of their leather at their website.

Chandler

I wanted to show you guys another style of Thursdays Boots out of New York City . The last ones I posted in Adobe color most people run hot and cold to . I think these are a little more favorable looking. These are the “Thursday Vanguard” boot . View attachment 70042View attachment 70043
I have a formal request in to Thursday for them to make their Diplomat (moc toe) with one of their smooth leathers.

Sort of a poor man's Alden. ;)

Silver Surfer

I have 2 pairs [black, and adobe] Thursday boots, and have to say that they are comfy out of the box, super well made, and for the dough [$200] a flat out margin. what's more, the widths are human sized widths, and they have "wide" widths for those of us who have spent their lives wearing sneakers or flip flops, ie: wiiiiidddddeeee feet.

Grant

Hey Flash, I use Red Wing Neutral color boot cream. It helps condition without darkening the leather. It also takes a little shine with a good buffing using a cotton rag or old bath towel.

Grant

Just my experience, but using Kiwi polish on Iron Rangers leaves a white residue that's difficult to get out.