• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Boots / shoes to wear with your flight jacket s...

blackrat2

They are very comfortable boots the RM’s...have gotten a couple pairs of them but prices are crazy here in the UK for them, have also got some Blundstones, cheaper and nice and comfy again

Smithy

Had RM's for decades and have used their Saddle and Leather Dressing since Adam was a cowboy - awesome stuff.

Yeah they're not the cheapest but they last and last and you can resole them. My oldest pair has been resoled 3 times now I think.

Got a pair of Blundies too, and although they're good and comfortable, they're not in the same league as RMs.

Absolutely love my ones.

Smithy

I'm doing the @Silver Surfer thing today...

It's been hot, so shorts and a T-shirt and a pair of boatshoes - no socks naturally. Wind has picked up so I'm wearing an A-2 now to boot, sitting outside in the sun (remember it doesn't set here at this time of year) and having a couple of G&Ts.

So the VLJ Vic special - A-2 and and a pair Sperry top-siders, not exactly period but hey if it works why not :cool:

Grant

File these under they don't make them like they used to: a pair of 50's - 60's J. C. Penny cork sole work boots with contrasting OD and red stitching.The quality of the materials and construction that went into these boots make them amazingly comfortable to wear.

B5.jpg
B4.jpg
B3.jpg
B1.jpg

Smithy

File these under they don't make them like they used to: a pair of 50's - 60's J. C. Penny cork sole work boots with contrasting OD and red stitching.The quality of the materials and construction that went into these boots make them amazingly comfortable to wear.

View attachment 64112View attachment 64113View attachment 64114View attachment 64115

Good Lord Almighty, those are utterly beautiful Grant, I'm absolutely in love! Best boots posted on here in a very long time, if not even longer ;-)

MaydayWei

MikeyB-17

Another TK Maxx alert, I was in one of our local branches the other day, soon as I clapped eyes on these I had to have them. I already have two pairs of Loakes, which I love, but none in brown. £60, cheapest I can find elsewhere is about £160. Only one pair, in a 10.5, which thankfully fit me. They also recently had some pretty reasonable roughout/boondockers by Ralph Lauren, but they were gone when I went back. £80, not exactly cheap, but less than they'd be elsewhere.
DSC_2435.JPG
DSC_2436.JPG

B-Man2

My dad had a pair of these . He brought them home from the service . I remember him wearing them to work as an auto mechanic back in the early 1950s . I always wanted a pair but never got around to getting them . I had a birthday a few weeks ago and thought to myself “ What the hell are you waiting for? You’re not getting any younger”
So Happy Birthday to me ! :)
D5B1ED63-88B5-42D7-9116-19A880C2C3FB.jpeg
E24952AB-9AAD-4D34-8FDE-E4A2D03FCF8D.jpeg
45AE5BAE-4D48-4190-B42C-A4A0121AB606.jpeg
922EEE33-44B6-45FA-AC3A-E28041CB3FD5.jpeg