• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Boots / shoes to wear with your flight jacket s...

Dimitry M

You know I never thought about this. But I have a nice pair of Mexico made Stetson boots. I got them on black Friday 2 years ago that's the only reason I could afford them. They are very comfortable. The first day I got them I probably walked about 2-2.5 miles and my feet were fine. They are a bit darker because I water proofed them.
image1 (8).jpeg
image0 (21).jpeg

ausreenactor

How do the upper sections 'look' when strapped up? Do the contours of the calf get accommodated without distortion of that part of the boot? I am sure a bespoke pair would be great... some might have no issue with the lower two buckles but the top would not be at the equivalent 'hole' or level of adjustment.

jerome35

They look great.
How long did they take to get rid of the newness and did you do anything on them to help them along.

Of course wear them but they are not the kind of boots you just pop down to the shop with them on !

What size are they ?

Size is US10, the only way is to wear. I used to wear these on work and nobody dare to comment :D

B-Man2

tjoenn

Damn !!!
“ Honey ….. get my Sun Glasses”
These boots are clean!
so what’s the secret ?

Rubbing alcohol and instruction to pretend to shine an egg (I've put way too much pressure before when trying to get the mirror-finish).

Chandler

You're not going to like my roughouts. ;)

You're not one'a those shavetail officers who doesn't understand the whole roughout concept and is gonna make the platoon polish and shine their double-buckles, are you? :D

tjoenn

You're not going to like my roughouts. ;)

You're not one'a those shavetail officers who doesn't understand the whole roughout concept and is gonna make the platoon polish and shine their double-buckles, are you? :D
Haha... only military service was 25 years ago as a conscript. Back then I didn't worry much about shining shoes. Funny you mention Roughouts, I don't care for them and I think it's because I can't shine them :)