Boots / shoes to wear with your flight jacket s...

Edward

Ed
Cool looking for sure and with the discount they run about the same price as a pair of repro Roughouts from WWII Impressions.
Taft makes a quality boot , I was checking their stuff out a while back.
Nice!
I own a pair of Service Shoes repros from At The Front (not the rough outs though) and like them enough but they are so clunky. I have them pretty well broken in now but rarely want to put them on as it feels like I'm walking on a hardwood or concrete floor all day and I even put arch support soles inside them. I am hoping these civy fashionista versions with their modern support and full Goodyear welt and flexible ridgeway rubber sole will be a bit easier on my feet and I can wear them longer than my combat boots. and these seem to dress up a bit better for casual wear than WWII army boots. :D

B-Man2

I own a pair of Service Shoes repros from At The Front (not the rough outs though) and like them enough but they are so clunky. I have them pretty well broken in now but rarely want to put them on as it feels like I'm walking on a hardwood or concrete floor all day and I even put arch support soles inside them. I am hoping these civy fashionista versions with their modern support and full Goodyear welt and flexible ridgeway rubber sole will be a bit easier on my feet and I can wear them longer than my combat boots. and these seem to dress up a bit better for casual wear than WWII army boots. :D
You’re right about the Garrison boots , they are kinda Clunky looking and they remind me of ( I’m really dating myself here) Lil Abner boots) Had a pair but never could get into them.

Edward

You’re right about the Garrison boots , they are kinda Clunky looking and they remind me of ( I’m really dating myself here) Lil Abner boots) Had a pair but never could get into them.
ya, I wanted to like them but the big round toe looks like clown shoes when little scrawny me wears them! the more pointed shape of these Dragons should be more to my liking. if I was a re-enactor going to events then the service boots would be what I would wear but to go out on the town and (whats this going out on a date with a woman I keep reading about in Penthouse magazine? ) whatnot, I have to wear something more civilian looking.

MikeyB-17

Very grainy leather. Almost like buffalo. Yeah I can’t get on with the round toe of Service Shoes either. My L.L. Bean/Chippewa Katahdin Ironworks boots have a more streamlined toe, which I prefer.

stanier

That’s a cool looking boot, particularly the color contrast of the Russett soles and heels with the black leather . I’d say fit pics are definitely in order when you get them :)
Thanks B-man2 and I'll definitely take a pic or two when I get chance. I lost control specc'ing these and the leather is Brian's hand finished horsehide. It should age like these examples
1596873033915.png

ausreenactor

Lookin
Taft Dragon boots unboxing. (love these! fit me great and feel good. will need to walk around and get a break in period to be fully sure but right out of the box these are comfortable!)
View attachment 39411View attachment 39412View attachment 39413View attachment 39414View attachment 39415View attachment 39416View attachment 39417View attachment 39418View attachment 39419View attachment 39420
Looking at your original I fall more in love the ELC Monarch.....