• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bob Dong B-15 Jacket

Thomas Koehle

Finally got "my" B15 from "The Dong" ...

I received the jacket via one of my workmates in China who directly brought it to Mexico - back there the weather was still too hot so I found time and proper "B-15 weather" only back here in Germany

I ordered a XXL (44) which was pretty hard to get - after daily checking their updates on Tao Bao I asked my pal in Beijing to order straight away the same day when the larger sizes had been relisted

actually I was after a "plain" one without those patches but they weren`t available at all.

From the beginning I had my doubts about the sizing - although Chinese 44 usually suits me I realized for ex when ordering the 37J1 from BRONSON in several months from each other the second one I ordered in the same size like the initial one was remarkably smaller so I expected something small.

I was pretty surprised and highly satisfied when I realized the jacket is a "real" 44 and perfectly fits me (at least to my taste).

closed
dy8BnGz.jpg

RmblbFO.jpg

open (obviously)
bRyw8gg.jpg

MTxk185.jpg

I7PM0ka.jpg

the patch on the chest looks kinda plastic coz of the high glossy finish but actually is stamped and printed leather - during the stamping and painting it got pretty stiff which looks goofy somehow and will be replaced - I'm pretty sure a lot of buyers / owners will not spent a second and just leave the patch there - ain`t looking that bad anyway
15sN1Oy.jpg

backside of patch
RDqM0tq.jpg

the nametag on the right chest is stamped also and needs some weathering
z9QdNR5.jpg

the mouton collar is one of the best I ever seen (well we all know how leather and fur-industry works) - the "flesh-side" of the leather is visible when giving a closer examination
F830hW0.jpg

kKCQR83.jpg

ZodRMmO.jpg

the tab/press button underneath each armpit
1gLZ9xP.jpg

childish crap is the "BOB DONG" imprint on the press-buttons - like Dmitry "flightengineer" already pointed out in the BRONSON B15 thread
5wp6Dr9.jpg

knitting is strong on the sleeves and waist
j8O8LMd.jpg

some more detail pics
7PFCQcs.jpg

a5eb5CL.jpg

FUVO1al.jpg

amJIGiH.jpg

Overall a highly recommended piece of garment - and for me again one step further to catch up with the high pricey manufacturers in Japan

B-Man2

I received the jacket via one of my workmates in China who directly brought it to Mexico - back there the weather was still too hot so I found time and proper "B-15 weather" only back here in Germany

I ordered a XXL (44) which was pretty hard to get - after daily checking their updates on Tao Bao I asked my pal in Beijing to order straight away the same day when the larger sizes had been relisted

actually I was after a "plain" one without those patches but they weren`t available at all.

From the beginning I had my doubts about the sizing - although Chinese 44 usually suits me I realized for ex when ordering the 37J1 from BRONSON in several months from each other the second one I ordered in the same size like the initial one was remarkably smaller so I expected something small.

I was pretty surprised and highly satisfied when I realized the jacket is a "real" 44 and perfectly fits me (at least to my taste).

closed
dy8BnGz.jpg

RmblbFO.jpg

open (obviously)
bRyw8gg.jpg

MTxk185.jpg

I7PM0ka.jpg

the patch on the chest looks kinda plastic coz of the high glossy finish but actually is stamped and printed leather - during the stamping and painting it got pretty stiff which looks goofy somehow and will be replaced - I'm pretty sure a lot of buyers / owners will not spent a second and just leave the patch there - ain`t looking that bad anyway
15sN1Oy.jpg

backside of patch
RDqM0tq.jpg

z9QdNR5.jpg

the mouton collar is one of the best I ever seen (well we all know how leather and fur-industry works) - the "flesh-side" of the leather is visible when giving a closer examination
F830hW0.jpg

kKCQR83.jpg

ZodRMmO.jpg

1gLZ9xP.jpg

childish crap is the "BOB DONG" imprint on the press-buttons - like Dmitry "flightengineer" already pointed out in the BRONSON B15 thread
5wp6Dr9.jpg

j8O8LMd.jpg

some more detail pics
7PFCQcs.jpg

a5eb5CL.jpg

FUVO1al.jpg

amJIGiH.jpg

Overall a highly recommended piece of garment - and for me again one step further to catch up with the high pricey manufacturers in Japan
Thomas
Does the alpaca linning go down the sleeves or stop at the shoulders? If it stops at the shoulders what are the arms lined with?

Geeboo

To be pretty honest, & as a retro doer myself, I am touched with tears about the price -to -quality AND the absolute quality these 2 makers deliver.
I am pretty sure they know where & how to buy a MASH NOS zipper & various better jackets materials & add them into a jacket. However, given the affordability of the market they target, it is prized accordingly.
One thing still missing is the understanding of the history of the jacket, a complete profile of the analysis of ALL different makers, - that is difficult for mass producers. The form is there, the spirit is not there. Just some very fine details that nobody will notice are missing here & there. Maybe plus a worldwide scale horizon of the retro jacket mkts; like the engraving of brand in the snap buttons; these "branding" technique should be a nonono in a retro jacket, & others.......
However, it seems the same is also missing, most notably in current RMC's production - a touch better, whereas previous excel personnel had let the company & started up various brands like Toys McCoy, Freewheelers, etc.
I am so surprised about the px they charge for these quality jackets - some, not all, depend on versions, just like The Buzz & RMC.

Last edited:

Thomas Koehle

Anybody experienced their denim and wabash jeans?

I got some breeches from BD in denim (or was it BRONSON? Will check again ...) which where not that bad for the money. Will try to snap some piccies and post ‘ em

Additional to that I got a wabash shirt from a fellow forum-member which was of really good quality in terms of craftsmanship and material but forwarded it to my son in law coz I got too fat for it

colekwok

Anybody experienced their denim and wabash jeans?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just bought a Tanker jacket from them, for the price I paid, I really have no complain.

I have bought various items from both Bob Dong and Bronson, both of them are of very good quality, somewhere between Japanese brands and high street brands such as Levi's.

Technonut2112

Looks nice... I was interested in one until I saw the 44's measurements. Going by the chest measurements for my Eastman and Buzz size 44 B-10's, both have a 25" pit-pit, and fit well taking the lining into consideration (EDIT: My Bronson 44 B-10 also). The BD lists it's B-15A chest as 46.5" (23.25" pit-pit)... is that correct? If so, it would be too snug in the chest for me to wear much more than a tee-shirt under, if it would fit at all. Also the length at 27.2" would be too long for me.. is it correct as well? I'm hoping the measurements I saw on AliExpress were incorrect since I may want to pick one up Thanks! The #'s just look odd to me compared to their B-10 in a 44..

Last edited:

Thomas Koehle

Just took the dimensions if anybody might be interested:

Chest: 61 cm
Waist: 51 cm
Length sleeve knitting included measured on the outside from shoulder seam: 64 cm
Lenght sleeve knitting included measured on the outside from armpit: 47 cm
shoulderseam to shoulderseam: 50.5 cm
lenght wo collar: 61 cm

the alpaca-lining goes down the sleeves as can be seen on the pics
24t99SF.jpg

agaALxv.jpg

Technonut2112

Thanks for the measurements... :) BIG difference (especially in the length) between what is listed for the 44 at AliExpress. The pit-pit is better at 24", but that is the same as a BR or Bronson B-10 in a size 42. I sold my Bronson B-10 in a 42 since it was too snug to wear much more than a tee-shirt under, so I guess the BD B-15A is a no-go for me.. Even if the chest size would have worked, the length at 24" would be too short (I assume that the knits were included).... :(

Last edited:

Technonut2112

It's great that the jacket is working for you. :)I thought about taking a chance, but for example in general, Eastman's A-2 pit-pit measurements for a 44 is the same 24" as the BD B-15A, and the A-2 just has a cotton lining in comparison to the BD's thicker wool. From the size 44 Eastman, BR, and Bronson B-10's I have which all share a 25" pit-pit between them and have a similar type lining as the BD B-15A, the safe bet (for me) is to stick with as close to 25" as I can get... ;)

Last edited:

B-Man2

Just took the dimensions if anybody might be interested:

Chest: 61 cm
Waist: 51 cm
Length sleeve knitting included measured on the outside from shoulder seam: 64 cm
Lenght sleeve knitting included measured on the outside from armpit: 47 cm
shoulderseam to shoulderseam: 50.5 cm
lenght wo collar: 61 cm

the alpaca-lining goes down the sleeves as can be seen on the pics
24t99SF.jpg

agaALxv.jpg
Thomas
Nice jacket . I really like it. It fits you well. It has everything I’m looking for except for the measurements. Thanks for posting.

KentH

closed
dy8BnGz.jpg

RmblbFO.jpg

open (obviously)
bRyw8gg.jpg

MTxk185.jpg

I7PM0ka.jpg

15sN1Oy.jpg

backside of patch
RDqM0tq.jpg

z9QdNR5.jpg

F830hW0.jpg

kKCQR83.jpg

ZodRMmO.jpg

1gLZ9xP.jpg

5wp6Dr9.jpg

j8O8LMd.jpg

some more detail pics
7PFCQcs.jpg

a5eb5CL.jpg

FUVO1al.jpg

amJIGiH.jpg

Thomas..

I know I am 9 months past the original post, but what color jacket did you get the khaki or khaki green..?? Oddly in your pics some of them look straight khaki and the some are definitely green... I was wondering what color it actually is, I am guessing green since the knits look dark...

Kent

B-Man2

It’s a good quality jacket, but as I’ve said a number of times, your out of luck if you wear anything larger than a 42.