• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Blue civilian B-10 Real McCoy Japan and any others?

stanier

Some years ago I recall seeing a blue civilian B-10 jacket on the Real McCoy Japan website. I’ve looked there now and I can’t find it. I’ll do some more searching, but does anyone know of a good high end manufacturer making a repro ‘40’s or ‘50’s civilian B-10 type jacket?

Btw, I know of the BR black B-10 but I’m looking for a blue variant and with, ideally, civilian labels.

Cheers

Chris

Dany McDonald

Hey,

Yesterday I saw a blue denim Real Mccoy B-10 on s Japan auction site... Could that be what you are looking for?

D

asiamiles

No, it's not a denim jacket he's referring to. RM did do a real beauty of blue civi B-10 many moons ago. They do show up very occasionally on Yahoo Auctions, and like most RM gear aren't that cheap even though used. I have a blue Buzz civi B-15 but not sure what size you need?

asiamiles

I think this is the RM jacket stanier was referring to...

gEbLNoL.jpg

Cocker

Simmons Bilt is also offering a civilian B-10 in blue and black, but... without alpaca lining?!

stanier

The knits in my memory were more like this. I’d also like one of these blue civi c-2’s, but £465 and sold out:(
upload_2019-1-8_22-0-20.jpeg

asiamiles

that's the puppy! Though in my memory it had blue knits too, but with another colour woven in
It may be that the knits on that example have faded a little as the jacket looks like it's been washed a few times, but my memory is that they were a contrasting colour to the jacket body. I'll keep a look out for another one to confirm one way or another. What size are you after?

stanier

Thanks Asiamiles!

Unless they’re very trim or loose cut, I’m likely a 40. Without wishing to raise the bar unrealistically, I’m only interested in as new or very very close to it.

Cheers

Chris

asiamiles

Unless they’re very trim or loose cut, I’m likely a 40. Without wishing to raise the bar unrealistically, I’m only interested in as new or very very close to it.

No, considering how the Japanese look after their jackets, I don't think it's too unrealistic. Of course, the better the condition the higher the asking price tends to be. It seems to be a fairly generous cut - with the measurements give for that used 38 being shoulder 18", Chest 22", Sleeve 25", Length 25½" - but perhaps not enough to size down?

stanier

You’re right Asiamiles, not enough to size down, I’d go with a 40, sounds like it would be likely spot on.