• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

BLEMISHES AND ALL M442a

Grant

Sure the knit is shot on the left sleeve cuff (thanks wrist watches) and there's an old leather repair to the back panel, but this old plain Jane second contract G&F sure is pretty in my eyes. A vintage dealer wanted to buy it off my back, but couldn't part with the old girl.

GF1.jpg
GF2.jpg
GF3.jpg

P2725TMB

I think that's absolutely superb. The leather has an amazing colour and patina, which to me is what's most beautiful about originals The fur is lovely too, that soft old teddy bear look! Not surprised you didn't want to part with it - I'd be in line to buy that jacket.

B-Man2

The underlying tones bleeding out from under the top coat are a thing of beauty...
Sweet ...

CBI

looks great - frankly, I like well-worn beat up ones. I have always passed on "mint" originals, I just don't see the point! These beat up ones IMO are easier to justify wearing.....IMO. I've "rescued" a few originals, had them refurbished and are great wearers. Jackets that would have otherwise just sat in a closet or been thrown away. Glad you kept this, wear in great health!!!!

Silver Surfer

outstanding, dr g. those original m-422a s are becoming hard to find, especially in no issue wearable condition. a keeper fer sure.

MikeyB-17

That’s a cracker. Can’t say I’m bothered about getting an original A-2, but an M-422a like that, that’s a different matter.

Skanstull

Fantastic patina/fade. For someone that does not know these original contracts, what manufacturing year would this be from?

STEVE S.

Grant, I’ll look, may have a good original cuff from one of those. If so, it’s yours if you want it.

Grant

According to Full Gear, it's from 1943.

Thanks Steve, that's very kind of you. If it get's any worse I'll reach out.