• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Blather- or "you can lead a horse..."

jacketimp

rich said:
wow, I thought it was roughly 30%?

did you get done with the parcel force handling charge too?

It surprised me too! I bid to my absolute max to try and win the jacket, and this on top was a tad unwelcome! The agreed insured postage from the seller was $67, but my receipt shows that Parcel Force also chipped in with an extra £13.50 'clearance fee' - I
don't know what that means though - handing it over to me? C'est la guerre![/quote]

just be glad that it's still £13.50!

jacketimp

1942 in a box?

just as it was an A2, fresh from the factory?

the ones we have are 60years+ in age, aaaaah the ravages of time........if we could travel back in time to make sure the knits and the leather, their colours..........

otherwise a matter of conjecture......

A

Anonymous

jacketimp said:
1942 in a box?

the ones we have are 60years+ in age, aaaaah the ravages of time........if we could travel back in time to make sure the knits and the leather, their colours..........

Actually not true at all my friend- there are examples of mint or even brand new A-2s floating around. Time itself does nothing to age anything- rather it is the environmental factors the item is exposed to that create aging. As I've related ad nauseum I had a new A-2 "in the box" during the 80s. It was brand spanking new and since it was in a box almost no aging had occurred. Boxes protect things from UV, bugs and air pollution (to an extent) so that the aging process becomes nil. Even lightly used A-2s which have been stored carefully can tell us a lot. So your "conjecture" theory is iffy IMO.

jacketimp

rotenhahn said:
jacketimp said:
1942 in a box?

Actually not true at all my friend- there are examples of mint or even brand new A-2s floating around. Time itself does nothing to age anything- rather it is the environmental factors the item is exposed to that create aging. As I've related ad nauseum I had a new A-2 "in the box" during the 80s. It was brand spanking new and since it was in a box almost no aging had occurred. Boxes protect things from UV, bugs and air pollution (to an extent) so that the aging process becomes nil. Even lightly used A-2s which have been stored carefully can tell us a lot. So your "conjecture" theory is iffy IMO.

thanks for enlightening!

you're so lucky jeff!

what happend to that A2-still have it? also what's the colour in its original state?

cheers!