• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Black Lambskin A-2

rikitiki

I have a Gibson and Barnes custom-ordered Black Lambskin A-2 jacket bought about 20 years ago. It's a nice soft jacket for dressier occasions but the years have taken a toll, and Gibson and Barnes discontinued black lambskin A-2's (I emailed them for confirmation). Another company sells a sloppy "antique" black lambskin
A-2 but I can't find one with the quality of Gibson and Barnes. Any ideas?

B-Man2

I have a Gibson and Barnes custom-ordered Black Lambskin A-2 jacket bought about 20 years ago. It's a nice soft jacket for dressier occasions but the years have taken a toll, and Gibson and Barnes discontinued black lambskin A-2's (I emailed them for confirmation). Another company sells a sloppy "antique" black lambskin
A-2 but I can't find one with the quality of Gibson and Barnes. Any ideas?
You might try Aero if you live in or around the UK. If you’re in the US try US Authentic or Flughtjacket.com for a black A2 lambskin

rikitiki

You might try Aero if you live in or around the UK. If you’re in the US try US Authentic or Flughtjacket.com for a black A2 lambskin

Thanks "B-Man2"! Flightjackets.com responded to my email and are willing to custom-make one if I provide the hide. A friend owns a Flightjacket.com A-2 and their quality is acceptable though not as nice as G&B. I found hide sources on ebay, so I need leather hide specs for the jacket - awaiting G&B's reply on hide specs.

B-Man2

Thanks "B-Man2"! Flightjackets.com responded to my email and are willing to custom-make one if I provide the hide. A friend owns a Flightjacket.com A-2 and their quality is acceptable though not as nice as G&B. I found hide sources on ebay, so I need leather hide specs for the jacket - awaiting G&B's reply on hide specs.
Glad to help out .

johnwayne

To each his own but surely lamb skin will not drape very well - it suits the A1 style but not an A2? Well IMHO that is!