• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Black Civie A-1 (A-1 Racer) Listed on Ebay

Skyhawk

Kind of a weird angle on that photo but the construction is just like the G & F original, with the yoke continuing down the sleeve and the 2nd piece continues to the bottom of the arm. I will post more photos later when I get back to my PC.

Regards,
Jay

Skyhawk

Here's a couple of photos of the sleeve construction. If you look at the photos of the original G&F A-1 jacket, you will see the same sleeve construction.

Regards,
Jay

Skyhawk

6148th T.C.Squadron said:
I don't like the cheap label.
It's a high quality label made by a vendor that makes labels for Ralph Lauren, Mercedes,...etc. We did have an issue with some of the embroidery feeding through with the stitching but fixed that issue. That can be seen on the label photo. Is that what you were referring to? I will have updated label photos soon.

Regards,
Jay

Skyhawk

All the details were taken from historical photos and from Eastman's photos of the original G&F A-1 jacket in their collection. I do not have the pleasure of owning an original G&F A-1. There are probably less than 10 in existence I would guess.
There is extensive photo documentation of that particular G&F contract to work off of. Plus I took into consideration the patterns of Eastman's and Goodwear's repro A-1 jackets. I did not copy the jackets but they gave me a better idea of where I wanted to go with sizing. I took into consideration also the fit of the WWII A-2's and USN jackets. In addition, I conferred with colleagues and then had test jackets made and tweaked the sizing a bit more. The sizing is the tricky part. Even if you have an original you would still have to extrapolate for all the sizes you don't have the pattern for.

The details are cut & dry. If you have detailed photos, you have a clear model to work from.

I don't own the rights to the Eastman photos and I would not use another MFG photos to illustrate details on my jackets. I am always happy to answer any questions about the jackets!

All the best,
Jay

Skyhawk

Thanks for the feedback! I have some photos below to illustrate my point. It appears to me that the Original and the early Eastman have the two piece sleeves. Other historic photos illustrate a two piece sleeve as well.

*I do not own the rights for these photos. They are posted for informational purposes only.

The seams are circled in the photo below.
A-1%20jacket%20sleeves.jpg

Also on this fellow's A-1 the bottom sleeve seam can clearly be seen. The panel size will vary with the jacket size:
A-1%20jacket%20sleeves2.jpg

All the best,
Jay