• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

BK's Willis and Geiger M422-an excellent jacket!

Roughwear

My W&G M422 jacket arrived today. It was posted in Greece on Monday, so four days to get to me in the UK is impressive! BK's customer service has is first rate.

This is my first BK jacket and I'm delighted with it. Originals from this contract date to the fiscal year of 1940. The goatskin varied from almost a russet to dark seal brown. This one is made from dark seal goatskin, which has much character already and will only get better through wearing. I have compared it with pictures of originals and must say BK have replicated the contract extremely well. The soft mouton is far superior to anything I have seen on ELC naval jackets. This jacket is a size 44 and has room for movement. I'll let the pictures speak for themselves.

002.jpg

004.jpg

005.jpg

006.jpg

009.jpg

010.jpg

011.jpg

012.jpg

013.jpg

015.jpg

016.jpg

017.jpg

018.jpg

019.jpg

020.jpg

022.jpg

023.jpg

024.jpg

027.jpg

028.jpg

029.jpg

ausreenactor

That is nice! Shipping aside, I think you might be playing down your approval of this one?
Great pics mate. Looks very impressive, And you have the modelling thing down to a tee.

Couchy

deand

Glad BK produces a fine repro, and it is clearly a quality item. Yet...I personally prefer the look of an A-2. FWIW. :D

dean

Roughwear

767fo said:
Really nice Andrew!! Is the hide soft or stiff? The color and grain look great.

The hide is not as soft as my original G&F M422A, but it will soften up through wearing. It is quite thick goatskin and I do like the many areas of pronounced grain.

I should have said the jacket comes with a NOS Talon zip.

etphonehome

The jacket is beautiful, congrad Andrew.
I'm seriously considering to order one. BTW, BK is also good for stamp collectors.

DT

Roughwear

etphonehome said:
The jacket is beautiful, congrad Andrew.
I'm seriously considering to order one. BTW, BK is also good for stamp collectors.

DT

Thank you. Perhaps I should add them to the stamp collection I started as a child! ;)

Marv

your W&G M422 looks fantastic, I knew you would be impressed and yes, the mouton is first rate even better than ELC's current issue which was very nice.

I have had my BK G&F M422a for nearly week now and have been wearing for work so it has started to break in a bit now but even so, it was extremely comfortable straight out of the box and didn't really feel like a new jacket when wearing as A2s usually do.

oh yes and we got matching stamps and boxes as well. :)

Jeff M

Looking great Andrew.
I have the same contract...exact same size...on order. Hope it turns out as well !

ButteMT61

Andrew, the jacket looks great. Question though. It appears to be a tad on the large size. Would you (have you) ever done the HWT on a jacket, and would you consider doing that here to shrink it a little? Also, did you opt for the lighter mouton? I seem to recall we discussed this a while back and you favored the darker (as-new) brown color?

Congrats. Glad they're finally reaching customers before the fall season.

johnwayne

Andrew, that looks good - so good you should sell me your original G+F M442!!
Especially as I didn't think you was into Navy jackets?
Very nice I must admit
cheers
Wayne
PS or swap for a 44" '57 Cagleco G1!!

dmar836

Andrew, looks great. It will be interesting to see how it softens up this fall.
I too am curious why you didn't go for the G&F to compare with? I suppose it depends on what BK is able to supply?
Keep us informed. Again, looks great!

Dave

blackrat2

Hi Andrew
Looks really nice is it your camera or my eyes or is there a organic feel to the finish,by this I mean the leather appears to have subtle colour variation which I personally love...before you all shoot me down.
Have to say these BK navy jackets are a serious bit of kit and are more than giving ELC a run for the money IMO

Marv

blackrat2 said:
Hi Andrew
Looks really nice is it your camera or my eyes or is there a organic feel to the finish,by this I mean the leather appears to have subtle colour variation which I personally love...before you all shoot me down.
Have to say these BK navy jackets are a serious bit of kit and are more than giving ELC a run for the money IMO

After inspecting the ELC M422a at DUxford this year and now owning a BK G&F M422a, I can safely say that BK's is an infinately superior jacket to ELCs current product.

Ian C

I really like that Andrew,

If the A2's are of a similar standard I may have to put in an order.