• Hey guys, I had to upgrade the VLJ software because the old one is being phased out. Please let me know of any issues in the SITE UPDATE THREAD. Thanks!

BK's Willis and Geiger M422-an excellent jacket!

Roughwear

Well-Known Member
ButteMT61 said:
Andrew, the jacket looks great. Question though. It appears to be a tad on the large size. Would you (have you) ever done the HWT on a jacket, and would you consider doing that here to shrink it a little? Also, did you opt for the lighter mouton? I seem to recall we discussed this a while back and you favored the darker (as-new) brown color?

Congrats. Glad they're finally reaching customers before the fall season.

I like a slightly larger size in a naval jacket Scott. Not sure about hwt. Lets see how it breaks in.
 

767fo

Member
Roughwear said:
ButteMT61 said:
Andrew, the jacket looks great. Question though. It appears to be a tad on the large size. Would you (have you) ever done the HWT on a jacket, and would you consider doing that here to shrink it a little? Also, did you opt for the lighter mouton? I seem to recall we discussed this a while back and you favored the darker (as-new) brown color?

Congrats. Glad they're finally reaching customers before the fall season.

I like a slightly larger size in a naval jacket Scott. Not sure about hwt. Lets see how it breaks in.
I thought the fit looked right on and comfortable. The only thing I noticed on two two BK jackets with wearing pics here is the knit looked loose. They look the like very nice knits but with very little tension.
 

ButteMT61

Well-Known Member
767fo said:
Roughwear said:
ButteMT61 said:
Andrew, the jacket looks great. Question though. It appears to be a tad on the large size. Would you (have you) ever done the HWT on a jacket, and would you consider doing that here to shrink it a little? Also, did you opt for the lighter mouton? I seem to recall we discussed this a while back and you favored the darker (as-new) brown color?

Congrats. Glad they're finally reaching customers before the fall season.

I like a slightly larger size in a naval jacket Scott. Not sure about hwt. Lets see how it breaks in.
I thought the fit looked right on and comfortable. The only thing I noticed on two two BK jackets with wearing pics here is the knit looked loose. They look the like very nice knits but with very little tension.
That's what got my attention too. I'm sensitive to it as I have a wider shoulder and smaller waist now. Shirts, jackets, etc. the cheapo G-1's I've had I liked as they didn't have that issue. Cheapo in the relative sense.
 

airfrogusmc

Well-Known Member
congrats looks great. I really like my BK W&G m422 and I took it over the G&F M422a because its a pretty rare jacket and I like the symmetrical pockets. I really like mine and gald you like yours to and I agree that it is very very well made.
 

mindful

Member
Roughwear said:
etphonehome said:
Hi Gents,

Why do you choose this contract instead of the G&F?

DT
Because I have a very nice original G&F M422A! :)
hi roughwear could we see the original willis and geiger side by side your new bk to compare the two ;)
please
 

Otter

Active Member
Peter Graham said:
Roughwear said:
I like a slightly larger size in a naval jacket Scott.
Why is that, as there is so much more flexibility and movement in a Navy jacket compared to an A-2 ?
Bifold back gives you more play at the shoulders.
 

ButteMT61

Well-Known Member
Otter said:
Peter Graham said:
Roughwear said:
I like a slightly larger size in a naval jacket Scott.
Why is that, as there is so much more flexibility and movement in a Navy jacket compared to an A-2 ?
Bifold back gives you more play at the shoulders.
I think that's why Peter asked. A jacket with bi-swing back often allows one to size down.
I've thought that some of this model from BK appear on the large side for the wearers. Just my observation. Maybe that's not what Peter meant...
 

Jaguar46

New Member
Roughwear said:
etphonehome said:
Hi Gents,

Why do you choose this contract instead of the G&F?

DT
Because I have a very nice original G&F M422A! :)

Roughwear said:
There is just one problem-I don't own an original! :lol:

What happened, did you sell your original G&F? Did you not even have an original G&F. Dementia setting in?
 
Top