• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

BK's response to "limit on the price of a repro" thread

A

Anonymous

A while ago BK got their hands on some perry originals which were loaners and had to be returned to their owners.
BK copied the pattern and made a sample jacket which was made in a cheap hide and did not have the correct labels and zippers etc and for this reason it is not presentable (so no photos). The first production jacket will of course have all the right details. This is the same way that BK has followed in the reproduction of all its jackets so nothing to worry about.

A

Anonymous

The new Liberty horsehides are expected in the second half of July. For the Victory I gotta ask.

jschare

PLATON said:
The new Liberty horsehides are expected in the second half of July. For the Victory I gotta ask.

What's the difference between the Liberty and the Victory horsehides?

leper-colony

jschare said:
PLATON said:

What's the difference between the Liberty and the Victory horsehides?

I was wondering the same and just saw this on their FB page:

Bill Kelso Mfg - The Victory is the highest quality horsehide in the world. It is 100% hand made and is far ahead from the second best. It is a whole quality category by itself. Alone at the top. There are no other hides in this category. The Liberty is the best veg. tanned horsehide Italian tanneries have to offer. It is tanned with modern methods (i.e. not hand made).

A

Anonymous

Liberty horsehide will resemble WWII A-2 horsehide more than any other leather. It has the same weight, feel and texture.

Victory horsehide has something of a luxurious vintage quality in it plus it has the best texture we have ever seen.

Peter Graham said:
PLATON said:
Vcruiser & Otter are excepted from the above, but to restore friendliness, are entitled to a more attractive offer should they ask for it (PM me).
I hope you "ungrateful and unfriendly" cads have sent a grovelling apology so you can avail of this generous offer. :roll:
Very funny :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

cmk-2

This is GREAT!! Platon and BK did not have to do this for us or anyone. As an owner of a BK I can't turn this price down. I say THANK YOU!!

jschare

cmk-2 said:
This is GREAT!! Platon and BK did not have to do this for us or anyone. As an owner of a BK I can't turn this price down. I say THANK YOU!!

Yep... I agree. Great offer, great price. I ordered myself a Star.