• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

BK's response to "limit on the price of a repro" thread

A

Anonymous

In response to the thread "What is the limit on the price of a repro ?" at Repros section, BK decided to make a special offer.

That thread gave the opportunity to fans to express their opinion regarding where they want prices to be. BK don't like to play deaf when jacket fans/friends are talking and will be happy to make their wish come true.

So got a special offer, all A-2 contract jackets at USD 750 until further notice.
This offer is for everybody (members of this forum only) except Vcruiser & Otter because they are so ungrateful and unfriendly.

A

Anonymous

Vcruiser & Otter are excepted from the above, but to restore friendliness, are entitled to a more attractive offer should they ask for it (PM me).

bseal

PLATON said:
In response to the thread "What is the limit on the price of a repro ?" at Repros section, BK decided to make a special offer.

That thread gave the opportunity to fans to express their opinion regarding where they want prices to be. BK don't like to play deaf when jacket fans/friends are talking and will be happy to make their wish come true.

So got a special offer, all A-2 contract jackets at USD 750 until further notice.
This offer is for everybody (members of this forum only) except Vcruiser & Otter because they are so ungrateful and unfriendly.

How about a Victory horsehide Aernoaut for that price?

Peter Graham

PLATON said:
Vcruiser & Otter are excepted from the above, but to restore friendliness, are entitled to a more attractive offer should they ask for it (PM me).
I hope you "ungrateful and unfriendly" cads have sent a grovelling apology so you can avail of this generous offer. :roll:

FlyingYankee

Webster
un·grate·ful adjective \ˌən-ˈgrāt-fəl\
: not feeling or showing thanks for favors, gifts, etc. : not grateful

What did they receive that they were ungrateful for?

ButteMT61

I'm rather offended that I wasn't included in the list with those two members. But I sent an email too and I got no reply. That doesn't seem friendly... :roll:

A

Anonymous

Pardon my confusion, but what is classified as a contract jacket?

A 'contract' jacket is a replica of an original jacket. There were many original makers, many contracts with the Army to make jackets for the Army Air Forces.

FlyingYankee, they were ungrateful for the offer. They condemned it/me because the offer was made in the wrong section of this forum. That was my mistake as got carried away by the conversation, but I thought they could have complained in a more friendly manner. I thought we were all friends here (like Butte and me for example :lol: ) but I found that their tone was unfriendly.

Anyway, no hard feelings now, they can get the offer too if they want it.

ButteMT61

Humor is tough to convey online. Sarcasm even more so. I think this is a nice offer, and I'm going to write it off to the differences in culture, language, etc. that it came off the way it did.

If you want a jacket, seems like a good deal to me. If I can scrape it together, I might give it a shot.

ButteMT61

zhz44 said:
Which leather is it? The old Liberty HH or the new Liberty HH? Thanks

Seems to me you can pick a contract and the hide. I didn't see any exceptions listed? PLATON?

A

Anonymous

There is no old Liberty HH. It is discontinued. There is only new Liberty HH which is better.
The offer refers to A-2 jackets, repros of the makers/contracts made by BK, i.e. the ones shown on the BK website, plus Werber, Perry, Poughkeepsie and Cable.