• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

BK's new goatskin USN jackets

Brettafett

I asked BK/Andy ages ago about their M422/ M422as, they stopped making for a while and were waiting for new goatskin. Seems it arrived.
I had asked about russet A-2 etas weeks ago, no response, but I just received an email with this G&F M422a made with the new goat. I must say, looks tempting and that mouton looks incredible.
btw they told me they are getting back to people, now that they've opened back up and are back in the office will be ramping up production...
001_m422a_1000-1.jpg

stanier

Excellent news Brettafett. Do you reckon the getting going again applies to the "Platon Dubow" division too?

I do like the idea of an M422a too...

Brettafett

Honestly don't know, just passing on whatever info I get. I see they posted this on FB also. Im very keen on a W&G M422.

What I wonder is, did they then close the entire factory over the last months? Possibly. Likely. I have not followed Greece's lock-down protocols.
But what about working from home, surely one could reply emails... Same for Platon. I just hope they get back to everyone and get jackets out.

stanier

I do agree with all your points Brettafett. For me there does come a point where no matter how good a jacket is, or how competitively priced, if you need the patience of a saint and nerves of steel with PayPal or credit card it all becomes a bit too much.

And calling ELC asking when their Dubow without paint will be available and the very nice Buzz Rickson H&L Block M-422a I accidentally came across yesterday just start to look much more better options!

Brettafett

haha, I asked Gary about their Dubow. No plans to release plain versions of the Dubow or RW 23380/ 16159.
Thats said, and its just mo, but I'll take a BK Dubow over ELCs any day. Ive seen that in person twice and its nice, but not as nice as Platon's or BKs. Just humble op

I'd say patience is a virtue.

I am still keen on a russet A-2 from them, maybe Platon (but BK gives me the option of long sizes), so tempting at that price...

An M422 will haunt me I'm sure, but I agree, at that price.... :eek: But I will say the same for ELCs G-1 and M422a and Buzz's. At this price, it may actually be better to buy and revamp an original.

Im glad I decided to keep the other Dubow, Ive ordered patches from Sean Collins and am going to patch it up.

Last edited:

ButteMT61

Always better to let the pics do the talking rather than open mouth and insert foot. Amazing how many people don't get that simple rule of sales...

mulceber

I guess it comes down to who’s going to be the first one to give into the hype and take the leap of faith. Usually one brave soul ventures out into the mine field and once he comes back and tells the rest of us it’s safe ... others will follow ;)

It's times like this I'm glad I collect AAF. I have a ready-made excuse for not being the first out into the minefield. :p

B-Man2

Spot on Couchy.
The prices have definitely shot up from where they were a couple of years ago. I can only imagine where they will be in another couple of years.

Brettafett

True, I wonder though, with the world currently entering tricky economic times (among other 'tricky' things)... will people still be buying flight jackets, repro or original. I recon for die-hard collectors will always be on the look-out, but I was looking at my wardrobe today and thinking, hell Im lucky I bought these when I did.