• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

BKMC

TOMG1401

First ELC biker, now BK biker............interesting.......First ELC Warhorse, then BK Victory Horse.............I guess imitation is the sincerest form of flattery

A

Anonymous

In the case of biker, it's not imitation, it's a coincidence. BK's plan for biker started long ago but due to some setback had to stop and to resume about a month ago. I will explain all about it later with details and you will see exactly what I mean.

Ref Victory, the name is inspired first from the name of a certain tannery and second by the fact that it is superior than what the competition has to offer so that to enable BK to win the 'battle of the horsehides'.

A

Anonymous

Don't forget also that if I have an idea, need like 3 months to make it happen due to budget and other limitations, while if budget was unlimited I could make it in a week.

a2jacketpatches

I think there's only so many ways to proceed in the way of guy type leather jackets, and I think BK just happens to to keep up with the trends as opposed to being a copy cat. Hey Platon, how bout a leather Space Cadet Jacket to be in a league of your own? :D

DG567

TOMG1401 said:
First ELC biker, now BK biker............interesting.......First ELC Warhorse, then BK Victory Horse.............I guess imitation is the sincerest form of flattery

Agreed.

DG567

Why announce if you guys aren't ready to release anything? All this "you will see" nonsense is really tiring for me.

a2jacketpatches

I see that just you're excited about your new line Platon, I do the same thing and count on my friends here for support as opposed to getting my nuts busted. It's just a way to strike up some conversation and get a little positive input (hopefully). Maybe I can help with the final design of your MC logo and create a patch for it.

A

Anonymous

Why announce if you guys aren't ready to release anything? All this "you will see" nonsense is really tiring for me.

I think this gives you the reply.
I see that just you're excited about your new line Platon, I do the same thing and count on my friends here for support as opposed to getting my nuts busted. It's just a way to strike up some conversation and get a little positive input (hopefully). Maybe I can help with the final design of your MC logo and create a patch for it.

Also, you sound like if you were waiting with the money in your hands to buy and the fact that we announced it while the product is not ready yet ruined it for you.

Please have patience. Rome wasn't built in a day. Also, we 're not here to sell you crap that can be prepared in a day. Development of quality goods takes time.

I am also into discussing with my friends here like Sean. Call me old school.
I 'll take your offer for the patch. Will email you later.

DG567

I understand what you're saying. However, by the time your products are available the excitement has passed, for me at least.

A

Anonymous

Sorry to hear that. Maybe it's the same for others too. So maybe I won't announce anything next time then.
Anyhow, we will try to bring back your excitement as the new releases are going to surprise.

a2jacketpatches

PLATON said:
Sorry to hear that. Maybe it's the same for others too. So maybe I won't announce anything next time then.
Anyhow, we will try to bring back your excitement as the new releases are going to surprise.

I don't think it's the same for too many others. VLJ is a place to get the inside scoop on things, at least that's what it seems to be for most members here, not just me. That's what I like about it, and the fact that we are all a part of the marketing process.

foster

Why announce a new product line, when you have no images to show of it?
It creates an empty anticipation for some. All talk, no product. Maybe it is just a different method of marketing.
I have to ask myself how does adding a new product range impact the production and delivery times? I tend to think it will cause some slower delivery since you are adding a new product and have more options for the customer to select. Customization requires more time and effort, and with more designs it may cause some concerns about a fast delivery, especially when it is a new product.
As someone from Missouri might say, "Show me". It is an unusual method of advertising to announce a newer, better product, before there is any physical evidence you can use to showcase the product.
I mean no disrespect, but I think it is a strange advertisement.

a2jacketpatches

I think Platon is just looking for a little feedback here and not really advertising. I would think that like myself, it would get some of the creative juices flowing like in the beginning of this thread. The logo ideas seemed to be his focus and an invitation to comment, then the copycat remarks, now as if he's ruined some big surprise. Cmon dudes, give the guy a break.

bseal

BK all day, every day. :D

I for one am looking forward to the new additions.

Let's do this.

foster

Okay, I can understand that. I'm not trying to be a raincloud.

My personal feedback on the topic:
I'm a visual-oriented person, so I like to see products. In the past I've been burned by people not showing product images and I received something unsatisfactory when it finally arrived. Pictures make or break it for me, as a consumer. A picture is worth 1000 words, as they say.
Personally, I like and prefer WWII flight jackets. Motorcycle jackets do not interest me, but I understand there is appeal to others. I have a 40 to 50% chance of someday ordering another A2, but 0% chance of ordering a motorcycle jacket. There is a market for motorcycle jackets, but I am not going to be one of the customers who will buy one. I hope this is useful, even though it is just one person's opinions.

Silver Surfer

except for the pros, and few guys who are making their own jacs, most of us do not realize the amount of research, effort, time and expense that goes into launching a new line of jacs. it wasnt so long ago that bk started, and under platons stewardship, it has grown. i tend to agree with sean, in that platon is bouncing ideas here in order to find what is wanted, and can be made for a specific market. there are some real smart and savvy, guys who know their stuff on this forum, and i am sure that platon takes their opinions seriously. reckon that its tedious to some, but i kinda get a charge out of watching bk evolve.

A

Anonymous

To be honest, I wouldn't have said anything. Was preparing everything underground.
But suddenly John Lever found that ELC was releasing their new line and announced it here. I still didn't want to say anything and kept silence for a while but then thought that if I don't say anything and then later release the new line everyone will say we are copying ELC. Few said it already.
Well no. We had the same idea with ELC. Maybe ELC had it first and made their preparations well in advance, or just made them faster. But NO, we didn't steal ELC's idea. I have email exchange that dates 2012 and documentation that dates 2009 related to this project. But the project did not go ahead then due to lack of certain factors in the equation.
Now everything is coming together.

More news soon.