• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

BK proudly presents "The Aeronaut"

ButteMT61

ausreenactor said:
Mate,

You are never going to win this one. Apparently the reviews and pics on VLJ from buyers who take the time to post, as recently as today, are not enough. When the Mods at the Fedora Lounge close it down they just start the barrage in this direction. A wait for hides is unsatisfactory. A longer wait for a queue is fine. Adopt that strategy perhaps. There are fewer of ANY style of jacket popping up these days as reviews or 'shares'. Regardless of anyone's leanings. Until you start a Gallery on the website nobody is going to 'buy' in apparently. Entice your buyers somehow to provide a pic or two. It appears the perception is you are just making your jackets for shits and giggles and no one is actually buying them? I use the Facebook page to see the latest offerings from BK. I use the website pics that others post to see the latest from GW. And for the most part I just use Google. That links me to everything everyone is posting. Some want it all laid out for them in forum, so be it. My jacket buying has tapered off of late. After grabbing the original Bronco from Aero I thought I was done. Only opportunity buys these days. A few good used Buzz Rickson jackets from Yahoo, a Good Wear USL via the forum and a RMNZ Dubow from eBay. I am not sure if others are forging ahead as they used to. Perhaps this is a cause of the concern for all vendors. Credit Card chargebacks are security enough for me when I purchase anything. I don't sweat the little things. Rockets and rogue Afghans are my only worry for the time being. I have an ELC Air Comfort somewhere in Milwaulkee that I am not sure if I will ever see again. Meh? Not worth losing sleep or hair over. Bigger things in life to worry about than a jacket. Just have fun making your jackets....and take pride in it. I think I enjoy badging my repro WWII M41s and M43s more than wearing them at events. And none of my A-2 jackets ever see the light of day. Until next year when the climate changes on posting to Sydney. Then I might bust out the Hartmann...

Rest! Relax!

Couchy

Mate, where's your BK? Is it in the closet or are you in the queue after laying out your money? Just curious. Do you think Good Wear or Aero or ELC would have any better reception here without a product to show? People wearing the product? People reviewing the product?
No.
If you're so offended here, pony up, buy one and tell us all how great they are. As it is, I don't want a personal thread dedicated to my jacket and why I don't have it after months and months of waiting.
BK can win easily here if they're able to sell jackets and show us the product with a reliable timetable.
Pretty simple.

A

Anonymous

You think that the people outside the forums are less sophisticated?
One day I will let you know who was the guy who wrote the article in that magazine. I am not allowed for now.

As I said, have nothing to be afraid of.
If you wear 40R step forward and you will receive jackets.

ButteMT61

PLATON said:
You (again and again) couldn't be more wrong. I (and others) ask this because I want to see how it looks on a person. I'm not giving a rat's ass here about the 1:1 comparison of the "originals".
I want to see them on a real human and get feedback from people here who are experts. I don't care about what someone on the internet says who might have more money than sense. I don't care about why I can't see them here or on TFL - the fact is, I don't.
Then, to top things off, you once again insult potential customers here. I must say, it's tough to want to even try a BK - in spite of some nice looking pics.
I guess I'm going to move on to the next GW order and wait. If there's not one pic of a human wearing a BK - even YOU - then I'm at a loss. And poor Jeff gets to look at all the new models and still has no A-2? PLATON, something is not right...

Scott, I am sure that if you buy a Kelso, "you will become a true believer" an ambassador for Kelso.

OK, say I want an A-1 in the Badalassi Petrolio blue hide.
How long, and how much?
What are my choices of knits that are similar to "The Few" A-1 which you have seen?
There is a TFL thread about this and I would like to continue it with some expectations. There is interest, but folks want to know more.
Can I get a sample of this hide? Do you make a size 48L?

Scott

A

Anonymous

Ok Platon, I agree it is good you don't model your jackets
:D :D :D

Scott, thanks, really gotta run now but I will give you a very specific reply tomorrow.

ButteMT61

PLATON said:
Ok Platon, I agree it is good you don't model your jackets
:D :D :D

Scott, thanks, really gotta run now but I will give you a very specific reply tomorrow.

Fair enough. And to those who think I may be trolling - I AM interested in this jacket as many posts on TFL will back up. I got blue samples from Thurston in Seattle and they're too blue for me. The pics of the hides BK can get are much darker and more to what I have in mind.

unclegrumpy

PLATON said:
You think that the people outside the forums are less sophisticated?
The Forums are not the threshold, but are a subset of a broader group of collectors, historians, fashion enthusiasts, and others that have made the effort to research and study what they are looking at.

There are plenty of unsophisticated people on the forums, but most are there to learn something so they become less so.

Dr H

I agree Scott, the brighter blue looked horrible, but this darker petrol blue looks far more subtle (and less 80s)...

ausreenactor

unclegrumpy said:
ausreenactor said:
Deja vu..

Take note BK owners...ya dumb bastards? :?

Come on Couchy, you know I am not saying that.

What is going to help Platon more than anything else is getting his jackets into the hands of guys like you that have the knowledge and experience to comment on them in a meaningful way.

I certainly do not have the knowledge that many here have, and I have not been overly enthusiastic about all of the specifics. I am a collector. I like to have stuff that I think will appreciate. And if I can wear it all the better. I am spending an hour a day at 130-140 bpm in order to get into my WWII USMC dress uniforms. I go for the military aspects of the jacket world. It is flight gear to me. It comes in different shades and patterns. Some I like. I buy a bargain, not a more slender torso or a turned in sleeve. I just appreciate the stuff BK are turning out. I will get one eventually, with a WWII HBT lining. :eek: And I will pick the knits that look best, with a 23380 label and call it a bitza... Not fussed at all about what is most accurate. I had a jerky horsehide Aero with russet knits. I traded it cheaply as it was all grainy in an era when the smooth ELC was king. It was like having a red headed step child in the house. I wish I could find something like it. My BR Aero is too light in shade when compared to the Aero and it is unworn so no grain or wear yet. It has the BR labels on it still so it is likely won't be worn. For the sake of $500 or thereabouts many will abide a few differences between and BK and the holy grail GW. Perhaps that is where BK are aiming their product. To demand Platon changes his course of action is almost arrogance on our part. We are a forum of jacket nuts. There are guys who like sports cars who would buy an A-2. The aviators are a given. Perhaps 'Bladeslappers' would be better for BK than the flak he gets here. I would have cut us away a long time ago. Ungrateful bastards, the lot of us. We ride him for the Aeronaut, but give Dave a pass on the use of Buco labels? I am sure I am not alone in thinking this pressure is unwarranted. I just have the steels to say it, and abide the inevitable flak. There are less jackets here, as there less posters here. Your guess is as good as mine where they have gone. You can see who swings by, and does not post, daily. I am not sure if others even notice. It is sad when controversy attracts more attention than a new member's initial post about the well thought out amazing gift of a Good Wear A-2 by one of the most fortunate guys on the planet. I am sure the most prevalent posters in this thread have not even read the GW A-2 post, let alone commented. What message does that send to a new forum member eager to show he is on the right path from the outset? This place was all about the jackets, now it is coordinated agendas. David would be turning in his grave these days.

ButteMT61

Dr H said:
I agree Scott, the brighter blue looked horrible, but this darker petrol blue looks far more subtle (and less 80s)...

I'm thin enough, but too old :lol:
Seriously, if the blue is right, and I can get it in reasonable time, I'm in. I will either be BK's greatest ally or well, you know... :eek:

ausreenactor

ButteMT61 said:
ausreenactor said:
Mate,

You are never going to win this one. Apparently the reviews and pics on VLJ from buyers who take the time to post, as recently as today, are not enough. When the Mods at the Fedora Lounge close it down they just start the barrage in this direction. A wait for hides is unsatisfactory. A longer wait for a queue is fine. Adopt that strategy perhaps. There are fewer of ANY style of jacket popping up these days as reviews or 'shares'. Regardless of anyone's leanings. Until you start a Gallery on the website nobody is going to 'buy' in apparently. Entice your buyers somehow to provide a pic or two. It appears the perception is you are just making your jackets for shits and giggles and no one is actually buying them? I use the Facebook page to see the latest offerings from BK. I use the website pics that others post to see the latest from GW. And for the most part I just use Google. That links me to everything everyone is posting. Some want it all laid out for them in forum, so be it. My jacket buying has tapered off of late. After grabbing the original Bronco from Aero I thought I was done. Only opportunity buys these days. A few good used Buzz Rickson jackets from Yahoo, a Good Wear USL via the forum and a RMNZ Dubow from eBay. I am not sure if others are forging ahead as they used to. Perhaps this is a cause of the concern for all vendors. Credit Card chargebacks are security enough for me when I purchase anything. I don't sweat the little things. Rockets and rogue Afghans are my only worry for the time being. I have an ELC Air Comfort somewhere in Milwaulkee that I am not sure if I will ever see again. Meh? Not worth losing sleep or hair over. Bigger things in life to worry about than a jacket. Just have fun making your jackets....and take pride in it. I think I enjoy badging my repro WWII M41s and M43s more than wearing them at events. And none of my A-2 jackets ever see the light of day. Until next year when the climate changes on posting to Sydney. Then I might bust out the Hartmann...

Rest! Relax!

Couchy

Mate, where's your BK? Is it in the closet or are you in the queue after laying out your money? Just curious. Do you think Good Wear or Aero or ELC would have any better reception here without a product to show? People wearing the product? People reviewing the product?
No.
If you're so offended here, pony up, buy one and tell us all how great they are. As it is, I don't want a personal thread dedicated to my jacket and why I don't have it after months and months of waiting.
BK can win easily here if they're able to sell jackets and show us the product with a reliable timetable.
Pretty simple.

Being in the middle of Afghanistan I have other priorities right now. I am pulling in $13,600 a month tax free until 05 December so the pricing is not an issue. Sizing and getting the dodgy Boardwalk tailor to do a proper fit for measurements (with a neck, sleeve measurement that they do not do) precludes it. The last time I bought suits here while exercising they did not fit for too long. These are the only restrictions right now. I neglected to bring a tape measure with me. More than happy to 'pony up'. Will happily perform an order online for all to observe here to keep you hypercritical SOBs satisfied from early October. Happy with that?

Couchy

ButteMT61

ausreenactor said:
unclegrumpy said:
ausreenactor said:
Deja vu..

Take note BK owners...ya dumb bastards? :?

Come on Couchy, you know I am not saying that.

What is going to help Platon more than anything else is getting his jackets into the hands of guys like you that have the knowledge and experience to comment on them in a meaningful way.

I certainly do not have the knowledge that many here have, and I have not been overly enthusiastic about all of the specifics. I am a collector. I like to have stuff that I think will appreciate. And if I can wear it all the better. I am spending an hour a day at 130-140 bpm in order to get into my WWII USMC dress uniforms. I go for the military aspects of the jacket world. It is flight gear to me. It comes in different shades and patterns. Some I like. I buy a bargain, not a more slender torso or a turned in sleeve. I just appreciate the stuff BK are turning out. I will get one eventually, with a WWII HBT lining. :eek: And I will pick the knits that look best, with a 23380 label and call it a bitza... Not fussed at all about what is most accurate. I had a jerky horsehide Aero with russet knits. I traded it cheaply as it was all grainy in an era when the smooth ELC was king. It was like having a red headed step child in the house. I wish I could find something like it. My BR Aero is too light in shade when compared to the Aero and it is unworn so no grain or wear yet. It has the BR labels on it still so it is likely won't be worn. For the sake of $500 or thereabouts many will abide a few differences between and BK and the holy grail GW. Perhaps that is where BK are aiming their product. To demand Platon changes his course of action is almost arrogance on our part. We are a forum of jacket nuts. There are guys who like sports cars who would buy an A-2. The aviators are a given. Perhaps 'Bladeslappers' would be better for BK than the flak he gets here. I would have cut us away a long time ago. Ungrateful bastards, the lot of us. We ride him for the Aeronaut, but give Dave a pass on the use of Buco labels? I am sure I am not alone in thinking this pressure is unwarranted. I just have the steels to say it, and abide the inevitable flak. There are less jackets here, as there less posters here. Your guess is as good as mine where they have gone. You can see who swings by, and does not post, daily. I am not sure if others even notice. It is sad when controversy attracts more attention than a new member's initial post about the well thought out amazing gift of a Good Wear A-2 by one of the most fortunate guys on the planet. I am sure the most prevalent posters in this thread have not even read the GW A-2 post, let alone commented. What message does that send to a new forum member eager to show he is on the right path from the outset? This place was all about the jackets, now it is coordinated agendas. David would be turning in his grave these days.

I think you're being overly dramatic here Mate.
The new member has been around before - with a different name. People reply to what interests them. There are some here that are tired of the GW/ELC threads. There are some that hate Aero. Currently, BK is the subject for obvious reasons.
If PLATON feels it's not worth being here, he can leave. I think he wants to prove to the toughest crowd what he (they) can do. I give him credit for that. This is the toughest place to contend with and I will be the first to post up a positive review if I can get confident in the whole thing.
We want to see it too. If this offends you, I think you're in the wrong place. "Coordinated agendas" is a bit aluminum foil hat I think...and to the contrary, I've seen agendas here and on TFL in the opposite direction. It's just evening the field.

ausreenactor

I would think that parallel posts on two different forums at the same time, with the same themes and the same posters could be labeled as coordinated. The S2 shop here would certainly see it as that. I have been one for an even field for years. That is why I post. It becomes apparent when the usual suspects strike up the band. Even more entertaining is when I see the moderators online and no posts, where I have obviously struck a nerve or two. I could go back over it, but then the dogs would start barking again. The good thing here is everyone is entitled to their opinion. It is just painful to see the opinions of some derided over and over again.

Do you a deal. You order your BK jacket and I will get my HBT lining sorted and off to Greece ASAP. If I am never going to wear it a 42 in any contract should be fine. Race you to the 'finished' line?

Couchy

ButteMT61

ausreenactor said:
I would think that parallel posts on two different forums at the same time, with the same themes and the same posters could be labeled as coordinated. The S2 shop here would certainly see it as that. I have been one for an even field for years. That is why I post. It becomes apparent when the usual suspects strike up the band. Even more entertaining is when I see the moderators online and no posts, where I have obviously struck a nerve or two. I could go back over it, but then the dogs would start barking again. The good thing here is everyone is entitled to their opinion. It is just painful to see the opinions of some derided over and over again.

Do you a deal. You order your BK jacket and I will get my HBT lining sorted and off to Greece ASAP. If I am never going to wear it a 42 in any contract should be fine. Race you to the 'finished' line?

Couchy

Hmm. I (and others) post in both places. Two completely different places, so no conspiracy.
People were posting the praises of BK's jackets. Some didn't even have one! Come on - I rely upon the knowledgeable folks here to put forth an honest evaluation. When I see that, I lose faith. I think most here (and there) want to see BK do well. It's good for all of us if they do. But, if you read my posts, I am not ordering until I get some solid info and see more delivered product. If that makes me "hysterical" or part of the Jacket Mafia, well, OK.

ausreenactor

ButteMT61 said:
ausreenactor said:

Couchy

Hmm. I (and others) post in both places. Two completely different places, so no conspiracy.
People were posting the praises of BK's jackets. Some didn't even have one! Come on - I rely upon the knowledgeable folks here to put forth an honest evaluation. When I see that, I lose faith. I think most here (and there) want to see BK do well. It's good for all of us if they do. But, if you read my posts, I am not ordering until I get some solid info and see more delivered product. If that makes me "hysterical" or part of the Jacket Mafia, well, OK.

I have just initiated my order, therefore you are in second place. Pony up!!

unclegrumpy

ausreenactor said:

Hmmmm....a lack of knowledge and enthusiasm? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Smithy

ButteMT61 said:
People were posting the praises of BK's jackets. Some didn't even have one!

The only posts of that ilk that I have seen have been the ones where people have seen a post with photos of a BK and have replied with the usual, old "that looks great", "nice jacket", and so on. But that happens all the time when there's a post of a jacket by any other maker. Can't really see what the difference is whether it's in relation to a BK, an Aero, an ELC, etc.

My next purchase down the line will be an A-2 and I'm tossing up between an ELC HH House or a BK House. I'll probably go the BK route as the pricing is nice and those that I have seen photos of look great. Might be just me and maybe I'm less anxious about these things than others, but the thought of ordering from BK doesn't worry me in the slightest.

The only problem now is this aeronaut looks like such a damn nice design that I'd like one of those too!

A

Anonymous

OK, say I want an A-1 in the Badalassi Petrolio blue hide.
How long, and how much?
What are my choices of knits that are similar to "The Few" A-1 which you have seen?
There is a TFL thread about this and I would like to continue it with some expectations. There is interest, but folks want to know more.
Can I get a sample of this hide? Do you make a size 48L?

Hi Scott,

First let's make one thing clear. The Japanese use the lighter blue color to make the jacket.
I do not think BK is not gonna make both blue colors available. Just one.
As you are aware the blue color is not the most popular in the world for leather jackets. BK doesn't want to order a quantity of blue leathers and then have them sitting there for ages. That's why to get things going need some pre-orders. Andy said 3 is good to get started.

You guys who are interested in this jacket, try to have an agreement which color of the two you prefer and let me know.

Check out the 3rd knit from the left for color similar to the Few A-1. It's a bit darker that the Few's but so will be the leather, so no problems I suppose.
995921_613908358639459_1480557209_n.jpg

Regarding delivery. The leathers are not in stock neither here nor at the tannery. When we order them they will make them for us. This is a process that takes 2-3 weeks (at least that is the case for the other colors we have on order). To start the process I got to have 3 guys with firm interest in the jacket who will have placed pre-orders. When the making of the leathers is finished the tannery ships them and 1 more week in transit is needed.
The earliest that we can place the order at the tannery is the 1st week of September because they close in August. When the leather gets here, we need 1-2 weeks to make the jacket depending on the work load. That's the fastest anybody can do. In September, I anticipate that BK will be too busy, so it will be first come first served.

Yes we can make 48L and whatever.
You cannot get a sample of the leather because all we have is a color card. I will ask if the tannery can send us some.
But in general, with Badalassi you don't really need to see a sample. You know it's going to be perfect.

Jeff M

unclegrumpy said:

Hmmmm....a lack of knowledge and enthusiasm? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ausreenactor is a big boy.
The auguries are there for him to interpret as he chooses.